David Montgomery to Detroit goodbye jamaal

I expect he gets fewer touches than he used to (200 total ish) for about the same amount of yards. We probably add a rookie so he will cut into his and Swifts touches.

Predictions

Montgomery 175 attempts ~800yds, 35rec ~250yds
Swift 125 attempts ~675yds, 50rec ~400yds

1 Like

Good prediction. But I believe Monty once behind our line, and he sees for himself the holes this line will garner, I believe he will be 1000+ yd rusher this year. Along with your prediction with receiving yards.

That puts him around 1300+ line of scrimmage yards. That’s my guess. Hopefully he does better.

3 Likes

I hope I am wrong, but that would be a really good year for Swift, and while I do hope for a good season I will not hold my breath. With the addition of Montgomery the COACH and DM I think you see a huge increase in run usage and I think DM will rise to the top and make better use of his touches than JW did. I realize I am putting lofty expectations on him. I am living dangerously. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

If he gets more touches, yeah I agree. I don’t see his ypc jumping a full yard though. He was only a 4.7 guy in college which is blah.

I can see him as a 4.5 guy though. Which would be excellent in tandem with Swift.

1 Like

Lol, I am holding out hope that swift has a career contract year and goes off for 1500 yds himself, combined with Montgomery, and we just run over everyone! Then next year someone pays swift $10 mil and we say thanks for your services :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then whoever we draft this year goes from #3 RB to #1A/B

I can dream

4 Likes

Those numbers are barely above average for Swift. He has 2900yards in his 3 career seasons. And there’s little reason to save him as he’s likely 95% gone after this year.

THEY GONNA EAT BROTHER! THEY GONNA EAT! :crazy_face:

Dallas Cowboys Eating GIF by ESPN

3 Likes

He might save himself.

1 Like

Isn’t that the same thing as saying Swift averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year. It all comes down to the type of carries and situations you are getting them in.

RB having a career year in his contract year! Sounds very familiar!

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

1 Like

Better blocker as well. Holmes isnt f ing around. Now get wagner.

1 Like

We have Barnes…how many times do I have to tell you this Marty! Barnes! Derrick ■■■■■■■ Barnes is his name! lol

1 Like

I need wagner.

Bully Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Wagner wouldn’t even crack the starting lineup with Anzalone and Barnes! We are loaded at linebacker Marty, don’t you know!

1 Like

upset a christmas story GIF

1 Like

One of my son’s friends (1st grade) looks just like Ralphie.

Every meme you post should be Back to the Future memes :joy:

2 Likes

You’re right.
I was just addressing the comment that it was due to the Bears’ Oline.

1 Like

Seems Legit Get Out GIF

This is what we are going to do to the Bears next year!!!

3 Likes

no, I am sure you have seen the lions Super fan on twitter saying the bears are a 10 win team. I wish I was kidding.

The Tonight Show Reaction GIF

1 Like