DBs - Let's Analyze

My all IOWA D back 7 draft.
#55 Jack Campbell
#154 Riley Moss
#194 Kaevon Merriweather

\depends if we keep 6 which we might plus Price will be in CB room just for special team play. So he would be number 6 . I just know an we all should know we can never have enough depth. Could be PS maybe we find better.

I would like the five heading into camp an who knows find one i UDFA. With this room improved young an cost low I think we could spend in FA after we sign are own for LB or OL . With increased cap I think we could keep are WR room also.

What is good we are looking at improved team based on what staff think off are own FA we can resign an what we can add in draft.

This CB room would be much improved. We will add IMO a quality OG an likely late rd OT. One ERFA has signed already. Obinna Eze OT did sign his tender

Obinna Eze LT Lions Detroit Lions Salary Cap | Over the Cap Signed

Haha, I’m not saying Harris is good, but he was also our best corner this year… so there’s that!

He was definitely good!

triumph the insult comic dog conan25 GIF by Team Coco

2 Likes

I’m good with the jokes brother, I joke all the time. But name a corner that played better for the Lions last year. haha how sad is that

Maybe Jerry was our best, most consistent corner, an injured dude, who was undrafted and missed the first 7 weeks is our top cover guy. Yikes.

I’m with @Air2theThrown - the Lions corners are the biggest hole on the roster. Serious issue, we need several.

3 Likes

When teams needed a play, they went to Will Harris. He was not our best corner.

2 Likes

When teams needed a play they could throw against any corner we had out there!

Part of that is an AG scheme issue, but how dare I bring that up!

1 Like

I realize you are trying to divert from reality but I’m being dead serious and I have even included screenshots of it in the past. If all you did was watch the games live and not go back and do a deep dive, that’s understandable. But I have, and Will Harris is an embarassment.

1 Like

I’m not trying to divert from anything, the corners suck, it’s a huge problem, i’ve said it several times. So has Air!

\i agree Lucas they like how he can figure out the play fast. He will hit but is getting to right spot works. He would be#5 I think in room but its what you need during game when the others get banged up.
Right now i am taking Spoon…\\i would also take at 18 Branch he is listed as S but he is perfect slot guy

He could drop back again with injury coverage but he is day one starter at Nickle we play a lot of nickel . He is perfect fit if he is there at 18

Thats a good starting really four Branch inside two outside Spoon an Jeff an you have Jacob as number four

2 Likes

In the land of the blind, Will Harris is also deaf.

1 Like

I disagree. i think it was execution. I saw DBs break up deep balls ALLLLL post season on the same type of plays that Okudah, Harris, Jacobs and co gave up CONSISTENTLY.

Also let’s not forget Jacobs numerous penalties.

In the land of deaf, you aren’t listening brother!

Harris was as good as we had… your trying to make this into I love Harris… but you’re completely missing the point. I think they all suck and it’s the biggest hole on the roster! We need several corners.

I really don’t want Harris or Hughes back. I have serious concerns about Okudah. I don’t think we should pick up the 5th year option.

4 of them like a square

1 Like

Jamel Dean come on down

Under contract for next year we got Jacobs and Okudah, so we need at least 2, maybe 3. Both Okudah and Jacbos are huge question marks IMO. Both have had serious injuries and both don’t have much experience.

anyways, just trying to keep it real.

Just wanted to add @Mr.Peabody is one of my favorite posters, I agree with most of his takes, he’s right often and he makes me laugh all the time. It’s okay we disagree on things fellas . Appreciate all you guys.

2 Likes

Oh I’m with you. I like the flashes I’ve seen from Okudah but i see/always saw his skillset as very limiting for our defense so long as we don’t have a true #1. I think things open way up for Aaoron glenn’s playbook with a true outside guy with deep speed and a nickelback who can play the deep ball.

Okudah (with jacobs backing him up) as #2 on the bigger receivers isn’t all that bad. but I’m not counting on that for the future. To me they feel like what J okwara and Austin Bryant are on the D-line.

I want to see 2 CBs drafted and atleast 1 signed. And did you forget about Lucas or do you not have any faith in him?

1 Like

Oh shit, good call! Lucas is another unknown though.

1 Like

i agree Lucas they like how he can figure out the play fast. He will hit but is getting to right spot works. He would be#5 I think in room but its what you need during game when the others get banged up

To me, Lucas is a #6 he is strictly a backup slot cover guy.

That’s fine, we need depth. And teams usually keep at least 10 sometimes 11 DB out of the 53.

Right now all we’ve got is

Okudah
Jacobs
Kerby
Iffy
Lucas
… Tracey INJ

Need to resign 2, sign 2, and draft 3. Then we have depth.

But most likely we will resign 1or 2, sign 1, draft 2 and call it a day.

2 Likes

Your not wrong but really i would ignore both there injuries they played ok when they returned . Can’t hold injuries against them. They returned an played an like will be be better 2023.

If you want hold injuries against them I guess KC should be ready two trade there QB since this is his at least second injury during playoffs/
Understand concern but really the concern has to be forgotten they made it back. Could happen again sure but you can say that about any player getting hurt.

If you base all moves on fear of injury your team will suck. You will keep all the players who stand back an avoid the hard hitting. Trust me there are many who made career at avoiding. They never missed many games from injury just in there play.

1 Like