DBs - Let's Analyze

A lot of folks think Harris play improved at CB. They are right it did. He still sucks. It’s just at CB he can use his speed to help hide his shitty play.

Let’s not sugar coat it. Our best CB is a CB2 at best on most teams and that’s being generous.

Our starting CB’s would be a backup at best on most teams.

We need a minimum of 3 CB’s added to this roster.

2 Likes

To me Will Harris is a #2

Confused Funny Face GIF

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You crack me up. Never met a die hard who hates so many of his own guys. A homer you are not.

3 Likes

FA - Chauncey Gardner Johnson. Hope he passes the turd test

Draft -

CB -

Gonzales or Witherspoon. Want one. I prefer Gonzales but we want to press and Devon was a press coverage gawd this year so I definitely see the appeal.

Then if we have CGJ we have some flexibility as he’s plus both at safety and slot CB.

At slot:

Tre Clark - Louisville is probably my current favorite. Probably not a blazer but twitched up, feisty as hell and a playmaker to boot. Hodges-Tomlinson, Turner, Mullen etc work if we want that type of slot. Shaun Dion Hamilton will get a close look af Tyrique Stevenson. He’s gery CGJ like. Don’t necessarily think that’s a problem. Jartavious Martin is a potential optiion as well.

Safety-

Does JL Skinner pass the coverage test. If so he really an enforcer thaf we haven’f seen in a while. Sydney Brown I’d love as well of course.

1 Like

I’ll either die on a hill for a guy (Fields, Wilson, Young, Zeke before he got old, Marvin Harrison Jr, JSN, Paris Johnson, etc.) or absolutely can’t wait until he moves on (Borland, Werner, Hickman, Isaiah Prince, Thayer Munford kind of, Eichenberg is growing on me but I’m still not his biggest fan, etc.)

And yes, I had a mixed relationship with J.T. Barrett. Mostly positive though. I thought he got too much hate but there were times his limitations as a passer cost us.

2 Likes

We should have drafted Justin Fields… lol I kid, i kid.

A Few Good Men You Cant Handle The Truth GIF by SundanceTV

PS - yes I agree!

1 Like

Here’s my thing with Hickman. I’ve watched every snap of his entire career almost, and I still can’t tell you what he’s good at. I mean, you could be worse, but I don’t see any traits or abilities that make me think “he’s a good player” or “he’s good at that aspect of the game”.

He’s good at just being there, like he has what I would call good instincts, but other than that I’ve never seen anything out of him that especially would make me want to draft him as an NFL player.

Even if he does, do you think we would spend that much on essentially a slot corner/strong safety type player?

Don’t know. Probably not. What do you think he gets? Spotrac has hik at 14m but I really doubt that. 11m per?

11 seems about right. Maybe 12?

Word on the street from my friend that’s an Eagles fan is that he’s the guy that the Eagles are going to try and resign among their free agents. They do have the space to bring one of their key guys back I’m pretty sure. Apparently he wants to be back in Philly and they want him back so it’s just a matter of the number which they’ll apparently be able to agree on.

I have no idea where to put this but … did you know that Hendon Hooker’s sister’s name is Nile Hooker? I just found that out and immediately booked a flight to Cairo.

1 Like

There’s a reason they call it bum ■■■■ Egypt.

1 Like

Hooker is a tough family name. If you’re from the Hooker clan and want to have a child that falls under the whole “with great power comes greater responsibility” category.

1 Like

Dick Hooker, Gay Hooker, Fanny Hooker… many pitfalls

Then there’s this…

2 Likes

I feel like Skinner is a spacial teams ace with position player upside. When I say that I mean that his floor is a consistent contributor. Short of getting injured he is a solid pick no matter what.

1 Like

If we signed Hooker, this would be his theme song…

2 Likes

He’ll have to stop it with the Night Train clothesline tackles. It’s awesome, but it won’t fly.

He’s clearly subpar in terms of short area burst compared to most DBs. But with the length, instincts and decent ball skills there might be enough there. It’s a tough call. But yes, you are right that his floor is scary ST player.

And that’s not a bad approach. Like that’s kind if my tbing with him. Like I actually think he can be a top 5-10 KR of all time. And if that’s the case then doesn’t that raise his floor a lot. If he fails a RB but is Devin Hester like are you really bitching that you used a late second rounder on him.

I actually could see Hooker being seen as a buy low opportunity by Brad. He’s got that impulse that a lot ot folks don’t csre for.

2 Likes