DC calling plays for the rest of the season

Not sure. Neither are any of us. All speculation.

Mixed feelings. The run game has produced like a top 5 unit under DC’s control. Too many mistakes in crunch time while wearing both hats. Effin’ hate Fisherball, but every team needs to be able to grind wins like this at times. Might as well learn to do it now. Crunches & leg day 24/7 , boys.

In general, I don’t think a HC shouldering even more abuse is ego. Lynn might be gone, but he’s off the hook in some ways now.

Wait n’ see mode is where I’m at with The Rams. Too many variables added over too short a time to yea or nay anything.

I’m kinda intrigued to find out if there’s more to Cap’n Dan than genial machismo and charm, though.

3 Likes

Who said DC is calling plays next year?

2 Likes

So Lynn is gone then right if he isn’t good enough to call plays now why would he be next year? Seems like he would want out of here if he wasn’t being used as a actually OC.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the plan is, but NFL teams have different coaching positions other than coordinator vs position coaches. If they like him around, he can still be passing game coordinator or run game coordinator. He can also serve as offensive quality control coach amongst other titles guys have who aren’t position coaches or coordinators. Part of the job of a quality control coach is to self scout the offense and scout upcoming defenses and lend input.

2 Likes

Apparently, he’s going to be calling Jamaal Williams number quite a bit:

Just so that his calling is not an action of apology, here you see that I try everything, but it doesn’t work.
As far as I’m concerned, Sheila can also call plays, just to be the result of that.

It couldn’t be any worse.

Thank you

I wouldn’t be surprised if Swift isn’t IRd pretty quick now

1 Like

MCDC is not a master tactician by any stretch, but I think there’s an argument to be made that his strategy of leaning hard on the run game and Swift is directionally correct for this roster at this moment.

It seems like that’s something Lynn should’ve figured out on his own. It also seems like the sort of thing that Campbell should’ve been able to just tell Lynn that he wanted rather than taking away playcalling.

I have to believe that the Campbell-Lynn relationship is not positive at this point. I don’t see how Lynn can return next year.

1 Like

2 things can be true here:

1. His playcalling has probably been a bit worse than Lynn’s. I’m not a fan of giving all credit to the run game improvement to Campbell because Decker came back and Sewell moved to RT around the same time he took control of plays. I give that far more credit for the improvement.

2. At this point, it doesn’t really matter. The season is a total waste. Let him play around with the plays if he thinks it will help him somehow in the future.

It sucks, but he’s done for the season for sure. Why risk him taking a bunch of hits on a winless team.

Look at all the star RB’s in the league right now, they are all injured. Cook, Henry, Mcaffrey, Kamara.
They only got so many hits in them, resting Swift the rest of the season is and will be the right call.

Role with Williams and get the young guns Jefferson and Igwebuike going. See what they got.

3 Likes

I think they should IR him. No reason to risk further injury.

Also… Latavius Murray is practicing again for Ravens for 1st time since being injured… and that may result in Ravens NOT protecting Nate McCrary on the practice squad. Would like to grab him and get a look if possible.

1 Like

Is Jefferson back yet? I thought they said he wasn’t that bad. The dude has 2 long TDs in like 4 carries

3 Likes

The dude is Barry Sanders…but without the lost yards!

1 Like

Played a couple snaps last week. Get him out there.

He’s on the active roster

Aaaaahhhhhh shit. We should have drafted J-will (durability)

We have three other RBs to check out imho

2 Likes