DeAndre Hopkins To Be Dealt Soon

I was fairly close, here are Campbell’s comments when asked about adding Hopkins:

“I like our receiver room,” Campbell said before the Lions’ fifth organized team activity practice of the spring Thursday. “I think we got a good mix of different types of guys. I think it’s important really in your skill position, between tight ends, backs and receivers that you have a mix of different types of skill sets. And I feel like we have that.”

Williams’ absence will leave the Lions without their top vertical threat early in the season, but Campbell said the Lions have enough balance at the offensive skill positions to make due.

“We’ve got possession, explosive, we’ve got speed. We got consistency. Quickness,” Campbell said. “So I just think we have a lot of guys that can do a lot of different things and so the more versatility you have, that opens up your packages personnel wise and matchup wise.”

Patriots interested now.
then this from profootballrumors.com

The top storyline around the league remains DeAndre Hopkins‘ first career foray into free agency and where he will ultimately land. Another team has emerged as a potential destination.

Hopkins is “interested in re-joining” the Texans, reports Aaron Wilson of KPRC2. Houston selected the three-time All-Pro in 2013, and he spent the first seven seasons of his career there. His time with the team included five campaigns of more than 1,000 receiving yards, but ended with a controversial trade to the Cardinals in 2020.

If I remember correctly, Bill O’Brien is the one who shipped him out in Houston, and he is OC of the Pats now. Can’t see that happening.

JULY 9, 11:15am: Our earlier stories suggested that the Chiefs could reenter the mix if they create cap space via a Chris Jones extension. Veteran NFL reporter Mike Jurecki confirms that Hopkins is waiting for a Jones extension to be finalized so that Kansas City can at least become a viable suitor once again (Twitter link). It’s unclear if the Chiefs would be Hopkins’ top choice, but the chance to be a part of the Andy ReidPatrick Mahomes offense would be difficult to turn down if KC can present a competitive offer.

Just what the Chiefs need, another stud pass catcher. sigh

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.