Den Mock Poll - Lions #6

I voted for who I think they will take if this is the scenario.

WR Q Johnston from TCU

1 Like

Pollsters are ready to call the race.

Carter it is

1 Like

Where’s Wilson???..Lame Poll.

2 Likes

He’s off the board. Went 5 to Seattle.

This is for our Den mock draft that we’re doing in another thread.

I voted for the highest motor, and that’s pretty much the M.O. of our front office. They want the guys who run through one brick wall and then are on a search and destroy mission for the next one.

1 Like

Carter 32
Next best 9
Next best 9

It’s a wrap.

The guy we hoped and begged to fall to us did.

And we took him

1 Like

If so, it should have been stated in the Header Title…Thanks for the clarification.

Everybody knows but you , so who’s the lame one

1 Like

My bad homie

No problemo. I’ll have a write-in ballot for Lukas Van Ness.

1 Like

Probably many would’ve said the same about Micah Parsons a couple years ago. Then he went out and became the best defensive player in the NFL. Carter’s concerns are more serious than Parsons’ were. Randy Moss and Warren Sapp had significant red flags as well. So is he more likely to become a Parsons, Moss, Sapp guy whose talent eclipsed their youthful ignorance, or a Jamarcus Russell, Malik McDowell, Reggie Rogers guy whose youthful ignorance eclipsed their talent? I say we take Moss in this scenario and and let someone else take Terry Fair for a change.

2 Likes

Carter is a SOL pick. I don’t believe the BNL would make that make.

4 Likes

Exactly! I love ya all but i am disappointed in my den brothers for voting for a turd who will be out of the league in 3 yrs.

1 Like

Well that is totally inaccurate. You should be disappointed in your self for being so judgemental and spreading hyperbole.

2 Likes

Sorry @Tcmouse but i see rogers all over again with this guy. I hope hes not in a lions uniform when he kills someone with his reckless driving. Please i hope i am wrong and you guys are right. It just brings back old bad history of SOL.

The only 2 guys in rd 1 I would not want to see as lions regardless of position are richardson and carter. I think both will be failures.

1 Like

Could be, or could be one of the best DTs in the game.

Could dramatically impact our Dline, and give us the hardest piece to find.

As much as you hate the pick, you can’t deny the talent

Finally i kept hearing how nows the time to draft a QB, if he’s a bust it doesn’t hurt us. How is this any different?

Oh, i see, you don’t like him because he likes to drive fast. Although he didn’t kill anyone, he will. It’s not like a change in scenery and culture would be a positive influence .

I’d be shocked if he ever got his crap together and really became this player people think he is. More likely he will just continue to disappoint while maybe being good enough to hold the position for a while. It’s bad for the makeup of the team IMO. We want kneecap biters.

This guy was so gassed that he quit on his Pro Day… I would just point out that Jordan Davis excelled in the combine. So Jalen Carter doesn’t have anywhere near the capability of Jordan Davis to finish these things. And we saw the same thing in the OSU game, guy was just gassed. He’s telling you not to draft him. He’s giving you warnings, so is it his fault or yours? I vote the problem is you.

2 Likes

It’s all good. Not every one is Reggie Rodgers. Carter was found not to be drinking at the time. It was Kids blowing off steam and a tragic accident happen that someone lost there life. Kids race and do all kinds of dumb things , you should maybe see if he learns before you judge him so harshly. Hell I just drove to NC and the avg speed on the expressway was about 80 mph. Alot of people drive to fast and race. Saying he is Reggie Rodgers is pretty far off when when he was found not drinking. If this happen to one of your kids you would look at it totally different.

1 Like

Let me clarify:

Even if he had no history of speeding and the accident never happened i would still have issues with taking him top 6. His on field endurance issues and production are enough to not take him high in rd 1. The off field stuff is why i would not have him on my draft board at all.

1 Like