Den Mock Poll - Lions #6

He was not found to not be drinking? Theres no proof if he was or wasn’t. I will not make a decision on that either way. Neither should you. It is something we just do not know. Its a red flag to me. I would not draft him. If he becomes all world for another team so be it. To me its not worth the risk and hes a potential turd i dont want near this locker room.

1 Like

Well I would draft him and you saying you don’t know is just what I’m talking about it was said that he was not drunk yet you want him to be guilty so bad your ignoring what he was charged with. Then you go on to say neither should I. The trud may be in the mirror. We should probably do away with the Justice system and just have you decide who is a turd and not.

1 Like

This is the last i will respond to you on this topic.

I am all for giving people second chances. And with carter speeding and racing he has had 2nd, 3rd and more chances.

I think he should be in the league at this point, i just dont want him on my team.

We shall see in a few year’s if you are right or sadly i am. I hope i am wrong with him.

1 Like

Dude my problem is you judging him with out the facts. Then when you get facts that is in his favor you disregard them . Then go as far as telling me I should too. Sad

2 Likes

Sorry, I can’t get there. There are guys, many that have have done far worse than drive fast

He didn’t hurt anyone. He didn’t have the intent to hurt anyone. I’ll take a guy that likes to drive vs a wife beater or girlfriend beater, child beater, dog fighter, drug dealer/user any day.

I do agree wuth you on questioning his work ethic and love of the game.

Im not gonna condemn an otherwise good kid for driving fast or drag racing. When there is no intent to harm anyone. I’ll get him in a drivers course. Which he’ll be in, if i have to, a chauffeur.

3 Likes

I personally don’t think the Lions take Carter. Obviously there are some character concerns, but the bigger issue is he doesn’t appear to be a Dan Campbell type player ON the field. His play can get a little lazy on the field when he gets tired, which doesn’t take a ton considering he never played more than 400 snaps in a college season. He doesn’t strike me as a live/breathe/eat football guy either.

I would jump all over him. DT may be the hardest position to find a true difference maker outside of QB. Guys who are elite pass rushers and run defenders from the interior can wreck games. Carter clearly needs to work on his conditioning, but thats someone that can be developed once he is in an NFL program.

Get him in here around guys like Hutch, Houston, Pascal, etc. These young guys who are just hungry and absolutely live for the game. Prop this kid up and show him how to be a pro and just how good he can become if he puts in the work. This kid is the best DT prospect since Suh. He just has physical gifts that just can’t be taught. His play strength and first step quickness will give NFL lineman major problems. This locker room can handle a guy like Jalen Carter, and I think we are in a position that we can take a bit of a swing here.

The talent gap between Carter/Anderson and the top 3 QB’s to the next prospects are MASSIVE. Of course there will be plenty of really good players emerge outside of those guys, but there is no clear standouts, IMO.

DT is the biggest need on this entire roster and a true game changer can turn this defense into a top 5 unit. Hell if Carter could be that Jeffrey Simmons type player that most think we would probably have a top 3 DLine and OLine.

2 Likes

Carter is the definition of a risky pick

like, potentially franchise altering depending how things shake out (Prolly exaggerating but still)

he either makes our defense an elite unit, or he continues to go down the path he is on, and gets himself in trouble more.

It really is Nick Fairley all over again tbh, and idk if i would personally draft him.

Highest upside for a player, but holy shit, his pro day, and this entire racing fiasco worry me

1 Like

His pro day doesn’t scare me as much. He was going through some serious life altering stuff. We have to remember that not only are these guys still kids, but they are people.

3 Likes

Thats fair and understandable but still

Mentality is a huge part of the game, and Carter’s does worry me, not from the stress perspective, but from his maturity

hes a kid sure, hes about my age actually, I understand the anxeity that hes under, but he still needs to step back and take a look at himself a bit as a person.

1 Like

He looked the same in the OSU game as his Pro Day.

1 Like

Also, kind of on another note,

Georgia players have been, undisciplined to a degree from what ive seen

Stetson Bennet, Quay Walker

apparently nine players from georgia had been arrested since janurary 2022, its actually concerining from a mental point of view

Kirby is a good coach, but he lets his players do whatever they want tbh.

3 Likes

@Blizer good point

The counter is… our culture now

We would sell him like Jamo last year

tough, grit, loves football

1 Like

Thats pretty much what it is

can our culture change him or not

it’s what the FO is going to consider

if they think no, they will not pick him, if they think yes, hes on the board.

2 Likes

I voted for carter, because with wilson gone, im not drafting a cb or qb at 6, and honestly there is no one worth drafting at 6.

2 Likes

Also another thing

Nolan Smith also sped an 89 in a 55 construction zone last year aswell, and he may have had a suspended license when he did it.

Im not trying to be anti-Georgia here, but there are legit concerns from them atm.

1 Like

I voted JSN, cause i think Chark could be gone, and he would fit in on the outside decently well.

2 Likes

I mean guys can’t have fun anymore???

share discover GIF

1 Like

SEC FOOTBALL RECRUITING QUESTIONNAIRE
**not applicable for Vanderbilt **

ANSWER YES, NO, MAYBE, OR DUH TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

1. Have you been charged with a felony yet?
  2. Do you frequently experience homicidal impulses?
  3. Are your parents closely related? If yes, please visit the Big12 Football recruiting website.
  4. Did you fail your last IQ test?
  5. Can you spell the word Yes?
  6. Are you aware of a product called “Goldseal”?
  7. Can you play football better than everyone you know?

If you answered yes to question #7, please disregard questions 1-6 and welcome to the SEC.

5 Likes

It just means moar

1 Like

I will just say I find this entire criticism of his play on the field to be laughable. He was widely considered the best player in the draft irregardless of position until his Pro Day and the speeding violation. I’m shocked that driving fast and having a Pro Day somehow makes his film magically look worse. It truly is marvelous.

2 Likes