Deshaun Watson trade to Detroit?

You don’t see QB’s in the NFL pushing their way out of a team or city. Watson is a guy that could be the first in a long time. Dirtbag owners are losing some of their power and a guy like Watson could very well play hardball. It would be a really dumb move by Houston, but we have seen ignorant owners in all sports get themselves in trouble.

Chatter is getting louder that Watson will request a trade soon… I think the Texans will have to bend to his will when it comes to the HC hire for him to stay

We do have the gm who could trade 1st for a proven star player

I feel confident in saying Detroit would not be a team he would waive his NTC for. Sounds like Miami tops his destination list, and that could make sense

100% agree with that. Owners screw ups are what caused this

If it happened, it wouldn’t be just one 1st . . . . or two 1st’s . . . and probably not 3 1st’s

He’s not worth 2 firsts and Stafford. It won’t happen anyway, pipe dream. This team has proven over the last 10 years they need more than a QB. Watson isn’t Rodgers, who can win games himself practically. There’s way too many holes to mortgage the future for 1 guy, when your still many players away from even competing.

1 Like

Freep writer floats Matty, 7OA, 22 #1 and '23#2 for Watson.

To quote Mr. Scott after a bottle of green stuff-

“Are ye fooking daft, laddie??!!”

He has a no trade clause…he isn’t it dropping the no trade clause to play here to play…it’s not happening.

1 Like

Dan just needs to understand that Houston just really cares about character more than all of the other teams.

No mention of Watson to Detroit https://www.nfl.com/news/four-teams-that-should-pursue-texans-qb-deshaun-watson

Obviously, the Lions are not one of his potential destinations. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tepper go all in for the Panthers.

They have been restructuring players this week. I believe McAffrey and Shaq Thompson got redone yesterday or the day before.

If Watson really wants to make a statement on social injustices, go to the team that has the most minorities in place (Black GM, Black OC, Black DC, several Black coaches, woman owner, woman admin) and say, “I chose Detroit because of their diversity hiring’s”

That would do more for minority hiring’s in the NFL than 3rd round comp picks. Honestly, it would be quite a statement.

3 Likes

Honestly, who here would think about giving our first rounder this year, plus the two we got from Stafford, and Goff maybe to land Watson? I think that is what it would take.

I would seriously consider that trade. Reasons: what are the odds that any draft pick we make actually pans out? Some might say they like the extra first rounders, but who knows what they will produce. Watson can play QB at the highest level. We know that already. Also, he is fairly young still. Three, he is signed through 2025. He’d be basically signed through Dan Campbell’s first contract. And what difference maker are we getting with that 7th pick, really? I don’t see a true building block cornerstone guy at 7 this year . Parsons maybe? Maybe a QB? Maybe we even trade UP and give away some of those first rounders we got to get a QB…

The only way were better here is if either Goff pans out close to Watson with the Lions, or we draft a guy nearly as good as Watson, or better. Because then we’d get to keep those first rounders. But in a nutshell, we’d be trading Stafford for Watson plus this year’s first and getting 5 years younger at QB with a guy who can play at the same high level.

You realize that by bumping this thread you give everyone here (many I’m sure a few too many Loui’s Pizza’s in) a mini heart attack right? Since you have, no I wouldn’t do it.

Watson is forcing himself out of Houston and is then traded to the Lions? Simply no chance of that. Watson would then just refuse to come to Detroit and threaten not to play, just like he’s doing in Houston. He’s a social media drama queen. I have no interest in him at all.

1 Like

Both our 1sts this year, our 2nd next year, and Goff.

Who says no?

I say no…maybe after we know how many games or seasons he is suspended. Love the player though, but thats a ton of baggage.

1 Like