Oct. 2: vs. Seattle Seahawks
Oct. 9: at New England Patriots

Oct. 18: BYE

Oct. 23: at Dallas Cowboys
Oct. 30: vs. Miami Dolphins
Nov. 6: vs. Green Bay Packers
Nov. 13: at Chicago Bears
Nov. 20: at New York Giants
Nov. 24: vs. Buffalo Bills (Thanksgiving)
Dec. 4: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Dec. 11: vs. Minnesota Vikings
Dec. 18: at New York Jets
Dec. 24: at Carolina Panthers (Saturday)
Jan. 1: vs. Chicago Bear
Jan. 7/8: at Green Bay (TBD)

3 Likes

Way too early of a take: 7 wins, 10 losses.

Sept. 11: vs Philadelphia Eagles: W
Sept. 18: vs. Washington Commanders: W
Sept. 25: at Minnesota Vikings: L
Oct. 2: vs. Seattle Seahawks: W
Oct. 9: at New England Patriots: L

Oct. 23: at Dallas Cowboys: L
Oct. 30: vs. Miami Dolphins: L
Nov. 6: vs. Green Bay Packers: L
Nov. 13: at Chicago Bears: L
Nov. 20: at New York Giants: W
Nov. 24: vs. Buffalo Bills (Thanksgiving): L
Dec. 4: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: W
Dec. 11: vs. Minnesota Vikings: W
Dec. 18: at New York Jets: L
Dec. 24: at Carolina Panthers (Saturday): L
Jan. 1: vs. Chicago Bears: W
Jan. 7/8: at Green Bay (TBD): L

2 Likes

I’m going to try my best to get up there for a game this year. Will be tricky though. Best shots are the Commanders and the Vikings, with an outside shot at Seattle.

Which one would you guys go to if you had those options?

I will be there on November 13th tilt against the Bears in Chicago. Easy drive from Iowa but the Bears fans are beyond obnoxious.

2 Likes

A couple of good takes on Lions game plan. Urban Survival :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

does dyslexia run in your family, bro? :wink:

10-7

7 Likes

Changing mine to 11-6.

2 Likes

The take on the Patriots game was brilliant.

Hard Knocks → August 9th.
One of the big upcoming dates.

Still 3 months out from being able to see our guys. Damn it!

4 wins to make it 11-6 and a Playoff birth:

(Home) - Miami Dolphins - Oct. 30
(Away) - Chicago Bears - Nov. 13
(Away) - N.Y. Jets - Dec. 18
(Away) - Carolina Panthers - Dec. 24

Those are 4 evenly matched games, if not us favored. What QB scares you on one of those 4 teams? None…

It’s a thin margin of error in the NFL, and Dan Campbell had this team competing most of last year. If we stay relatively healthy, and Goff doesn’t self destruct, this team may build some momentum and swagger that carries us to a double-digit win total. A lot has to go right…7 wins -----> 11 wins is not a great leap when you look at those 4 losses above.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1524902253299224591

Panthers had a nice release of their schedule too . . . brings back some memories.

Another cupcake opponent for Thanksgiving… WTF NFL?!

1 Like

Once again, the NFL’s hard-on for sticking Detroit up in Green Bay for the last game rears its ugly head.

2 Likes

Sept. 11: vs Philadelphia Eagles: L
Sept. 25: at Minnesota Vikings: W
Oct. 9: at New England Patriots: W

Oct. 30: vs. Miami Dolphins: W
Nov. 6: vs. Green Bay Packers: W
Nov. 13: at Chicago Bears: W
Nov. 20: at New York Giants: L
Nov. 24: vs. Buffalo Bills (Thanksgiving): L
Dec. 4: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: L
Dec. 11: vs. Minnesota Vikings: L
Dec. 18: at New York Jets: L
Dec. 24: at Carolina Panthers (Saturday): L
Jan. 1: vs. Chicago Bears: W
Jan. 7/8: at Green Bay (TBD): L

8 - 9

2 Likes

I am probably moving out to the north east this summer. My buddy lives in Foxborough so we are making plans to go to the Pats game.

Oh yeah and im drunk on koolaid. 11-6 and a playoff win! MCDC wins couch of the year! Jamo wins OROY! Hutch is in the running for DROY with 10 sacks. Jack Fox doesnt punt much but throws a TD pass on a fake.

2 Likes

Looks like all teams had a 2-3 minute video on the schedule release. Detroit wins, Vikings 2nd, Packers 3rd, Bears last.

Packers Release schedule - Kind of Lame:

Bears Release Schedule - Kind of Lame:

Vikings Release Schedule - Decent, pretty cool they got John Randle to do it

I really like this match-up for Thanksgiving. We will have a “nothing to lose” mentality against Buffalo for this game, especially if we have four or five wins under our belt at this point. Sort of like how we pulled out all stops agains the Rams with trick plays last year. If we somehow pull the upset, this could be a ‘national stage’ type game. I can just see us lining up for a tying field goal with 3 seconds left and Fox tossing it to Jamo for the shocking win. The whole country, who is in love with MCDC from hard knocks, gets behind the Lions. In fact, after the game, the NFL has a closed door meeting with the refs where they are reprimanded for past unjustified treatment of the Lions, and a new covert program of “reparations for the mane”, as its later known, goes into effect. For the rest of the season, the Lions are the least penalized team in the NFL, and go on a five game winning streak. In the last game of the season, against the Packers, Hutchinson is not called for an obvious hands-to-the face twice in a row to make up for the Trey Flowers calls. He puts Rodgers out of the game, and we go on to win 38-35 for the Division crown, with Fox kicking the winning 67 yard field goal as time expires, because he begged Campbell to “put me in coach, I’m ready to play!”. He continues as our FG kicker, sub package QB, and sub nickel back while we go on an incredible streak of three point wins, including a 48-45 upset of the Rams in the NFC championship game. We win the SB and have picks 30 and 32 in 2023, but trade up for 2OA with Kweze to get Marcus Stroud in the April draft.

So, bring on those Bills.

1 Like

The Lions have zero primetime games, every game bar Thanksgiving kicks off at 1pm on Sunday. I like this because a) there is zero national expectation on the Lions and b) the team can get into a solid weekly routine.

The Lions have zero games against teams coming off byes.

The Bears and Vikings also have zero games against teams coming off byes.

The Packers have two games against teams coming off byes - week 8 at Buffalo and week 10 v Dallas. The Lions host the Packers in week 9 which feels like a nice spot for that game.

The Packers and Vikings have games in London, and neither has a bye week immediately afterwards. The Packers fly back to a home game against the Jets, and the Vikings fly back to a home game against the Bears.

1 Like

Sept. 11: vs Philadelphia Eagles: W, catch them early
Sept. 25: at Minnesota Vikings: L
Oct. 9: at New England Patriots: W

Oct. 30: vs. Miami Dolphins: W
Nov. 6: vs. Green Bay Packers: L
Nov. 13: at Chicago Bears: W
Nov. 20: at New York Giants: W