Detroit Tigers season talk

Its opening day. Can Tigers win the Central? Baseball back

1 Like

They can, as no one in that division is a big spender or has a complete team. Cleveleands pitching is great but always banged up, Minnesota lost pitching in the offseason. There isnt one scary offense in the Central.

I think the Tigers will pitch, but they need a lot to go right hitting wise to win. They were 5th to last in runs scored last season, and while Cano is a solid player, it’s going to be how well Greene recovers, Tork gets out of the gate and if Keith and Meadows adjust to MLB pitching that determins if they are a 80-83 win team or a 87-90 win team.

85 seems about right, which probably puts them outside the playoffs…

1 Like

I think I’m going to try and pay attention for a few games this year. Blame me if it all goes terribly wrong.

3 Likes

nah, next year is the year I expect things to happen for the Tigers. By then they will know, or have much more data on what and who they have on the roster. This should allow Ilitch to spend some money, provided they don’t make a trade come July 31st or in the offseason.

Lots of pitching talent to be excited about. Encouraging bats and better defense from last year in Detroit and below.
Should be a fun year.

2 Likes

The freep opening day articles via Yahoo sports for those non subscribers

Tigers vow fast start
Definitely identified something they need to do, but haven’t under AJ Hinch to this point. They focused on pitching due to young hitters taking more time to adjust. This is critical if they think they can win.

One question for all 26 players on opening day roster

Can the tigers win the Central?

I have them in a similar position with wins/losses.
83-85 an improvement

1. Minnesota 85-77
  2. Detroit 82-80
  3. Cleveland 77-85
  4. Kansas city 74-88
    5 Chicago 71-91
2 Likes

Season about to start

Jason voice kinda sounds like Mario a little bit

1 Like

Keep the chat here

1 Like

Pedro Pascal Mario GIF

3 more to go

Bats…they need that bopper in the 4 hole or put Tork there and get that all around hitter w pop in the 3 hole. RF/DH/SS. Maybe Keith is that guy in 25-26, Jung looks like a complementary Kinsler type good player tobstixk in the 6 hole behind Keith or Carp.

17 consecutive outs to end this game.
Tigers said all along they went out to get pitching and improve that area to make up for days the offense doesn’t show up.
Worked today
Tigers 1
Sox 0 Final

1 Like

Ugly at bats. But win is a win.

1 Like

Foley goes 99-99-101-99 to whiff Luis Robert (one of the 10 best hitters in the AL, kinda Bo Jackson-y) to end the game. Chafin was dealing…yeah. Nice win.

Gotta score runs though. 1-0? Eek

2 Likes

Yea, pitching is definitely the strength of this team.
Tork with 2 hits today was a good sign.

2 Likes

Skubul looks really really good.

1 Like

I am going to try and pay attention this year. I used to know every player, there avg. and their tendencies. Haven’t paid any attention for the past 5 years.
I’m looking forward to watching this team grow together.

In the same boat. Will be attending games in Lakeland this year and it has been a while since I’ve done that.