Detroit Tigers

I don’t see how you can keep Greene at AAA unless it’s deliberate to keep his clock from starting. The kid has raked at every level you’ve put him at. Including spring training. He’s the model for consistency. People talked all season about torkelson and his power but Greene was right behind him in home runs but with a higher average. Greene is going to be a perennial all star if he stays healthy.

Just heard we want vet OF.

I’m fine with having a veteran outfield if they’re as good or better than Greene. Otherwise what are you doing? I’d rather call him up now if he’s ready and have him be a veteran when our young pitching hits its stride.

I like this signing, the dollars and years are good and even though he will drive you nuts with his K’s at times I like much better than Correa dollars and injuries…
I would rather see Greene up than signing a vet OF and put more dollars into the pen and SP.

They should sign Rondo. Now you got 5 good SP
Rondo
Mize
Rodriguez
Skubal
Manning/Turnbull

I just heard they want a vet OF. Not that I want one. If we bring Greene up. Vet OF and Baddo could be or 4th OF

Why did Greene jump over Torkelson in this year’s rankings? He was phenomenal at Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo in 2021.

“His physical gifts and advanced feel at the plate make him a potential plus-plus hitter who contends for batting titles, and he has a chance to grow into 20-plus home run power,” Baseball America wrote.

1 Like

For those criticizing the Tigers for not spending…

Who will sign him for more then that…Yankees. red sox?

Yankees are slow playing their Anthony Volpe card. We love our prospects…l
Blah blah.

By March they will have Correa or Story.

That 10/275 was a good gamble. I like 6/140 better on Baez. I’d be happy to have both that way also.

2 Likes

Correa for 10 years strikes me as the same mistake that old man Illitch made signing Cabrera to that ridiculously long contract.

It is. Looking at the FA market the next 2 years…it’s pretty bleak. If they need another bat long-term, this may be the year to do it.

As an alternative, Michael Conforto had a terrible platform year and might be a nice value buy for another medium term deal.

I can see us trading for another bat. Not much out there left beside Correa and story

Yeah, it is probably a trade. Not sure what they have to sell that is of interest that isn’t part of the core for the future,

Oh I mean besides Matt Boyd and Michael Fulmer…uhhh…nope, that was when they actually had gigantic trade value and Avila sat on them trying to hatch them into a Herschel Walker level deal.

doctor conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

I will posit that we lucked out into a playoff caliber reliever with Fulmer. Boyd on the other hand. Well, his charity seems nice.

It is nice that we have a guy with actual pitching talent AND ability in the pen.

It’s a small smile compared to a RoY starting pitcher or the big haul he was worth and apparently we were being offered in perfect timing right as the team was bottoming out.

I do think the Tigers are building a nice young team. Now all we need is an agreement between the players and the owners.

And Go Blue Jays!!

Are you from Toronto?

Not Toronto, but was born in Northern Ontario. Huge Jays fan, almost as big a Jays fan as Lions fan. I like the Tigers as well though, they’d be my 2nd team in baseball for sure.

Some of the best baseball games I’ve seen live were Blue Jays vs Tigers in old Tiger Stadium and Comerica Park. Back in the early 2000’s, at times the Blue Jays fans were louder than the Tigers fans. Great memories and atmosphere.

2 Likes

The SS could be the answer when Baez gets old.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2022/1/15/22885297/detroit-tigers-international-signing-day-javier-osorio-samuel-gil

1 Like