Detroit Tigers

Take me out to the ball game, checking flights right now…

Let’s get a new labor agreement already! As much as I enjoy Ken Burns’, “Baseball”… I’m ready for some good ole hot stove league scuttlebutt. It should be hot and heavy once an agreement is ultimately reached.

2 Likes

Maybe the ghost of Mr. I shows up in his son’s dreams and when the lockout ends, he does the

YOLO FOMO FTW mic drop after signing Correa and Kenley Jansen.

2 Likes

There suddenly appears to be a glimmer of hope that MLB’s lockout is almost over.

According to Audacy’s MLB Insider Jon Heyman, despite the gloomy outlook and negative surrounding the labor negotiations, one person involved in the talks believes that the two sides are “withing striking distance” and a deal could be done by Monday night.

Let’s getter done…

3 Likes

Sure hope so! My Blue Jays are going to be real good this year! Vladdy hitting 60 bombs for sure!

1 Like

I saw Roy Halladay pitch against Andy Pettitte in Dunedin, Fla during Grapefruit League. I’m going to be pissed if they screw this up this year. I usually go every other year, last year was my year and no go. I stay in Clearwater and watch the Phillies, Toronto in Dunedin, Tigers in Lakeland, Baltimore in Sarasota. Depends on who is playing who, used to be cheap,not so much anymore. The rental car and hotel is about double from my last time down there.

1 Like

I was there this past spring, yeah renting a car is tragic there. Fortunately my step-dad works for Enterprise…

Looks like spring training might be more like summer training. Idiots.

Last time they did this, I quit watching for 8 years.

1 Like

Fu ck ing s hit

Yeah they couldn’t do this when we were losing 100 games a year. Now that there’s interest…

We were going to contend for a wild card spot.

1 Like

I could be way off, but I still expect them to come to an agreement in the next few weeks. Money talks and bullshit walks, they can’t afford a strike season, they will play baseball in 2022, might be shorted season, but they will play. Too much money to be lost.

1 Like

That’s why I think they find an agreement sooner than later, they can’t risk that again.

The Montreal Expos still should have a world series championship from 1994! That strike killed baseball for years, until they let them do Roids all the time in the early 2000’s. lol

san francisco giants baseball GIF

2 Likes

Bitches! Let’s just set around on our hands and wait until spring training is upon us to get serious about talking… maybe we can gain the upper hand in negotiations, says both sides…

It’ll be like a 140 game schedule…not worried.

PS The owners can all catch a charter flight to Ukraine right now. spoiled BVMSR…

The Tigers still could, don’t give up just yet.

Go JAYS though :slight_smile:
Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

I do still love the Tigers!

I agree. Just love opening day.

1 Like

I blame both. Players make way too much. No reason to sign a guy for 10 years for 300 million