Detroit Tigers

I’d like to buy a vowel…

The players share of the revenue is by far the lowest of the 4 major sports. Its around 40%.

MLB is the only one that runs this gigantic development system, so their cost structure is higher than say football, whonhas college to develop their players, so the players shouldnt be near the NBA or NFL in the mid 50s% of revenue…but they are actually underpaid.

What do you want to do? The TV contracts are signed, the league isnt going to give back $ to ESPN/Bally/Fox etx…and even if they did, do you think our cable rates would go down? Hell no.

What really needs to happen is gameday ballpark pricing has to come down. Same with basketball. Ticket prices for that many scheduled games are stupid…concessions etx. NFL tickets are actually a screaming bargain…

Anyway, players are underpaid. The total $ amount is irrelevant.

Called it!! Baseball is back! And playing a full 162.

Free agency should be opening back up in the next 24-48 hours, get your popcorn ready!

2 Likes

Because Greene put up almost identical numbers while hitting for a higher average. Torkelson is great but Greene is overall the better player right now. Greene had an amazing season last year.

2 Likes

I thought I was going to have to go on strike again!!!

At least they came to their senses

2 Likes

We are going to have MLB and NFL free agency happening at the same time now. Not sure that has ever happened before.

1 Like

Opens up at 6:00 EST

So like half an hour.

1 Like

Heck yea!! Let the games begin. I bet a bunch of these teams/agents have been negotiating illegally for weeks now.

1 Like

Lets go

2 Likes

Its what Ridley should have done…Avila talks to Carlos Correas cousin…cousin calls Carlos…etc.

1 Like

Hopefully they realized that they couldn’t afford to have yet another strike shortened season. They’re already losing more fans than they can replace as is.

1 Like

Chris “Cheap” Ilitch is being told by his baseball people to pay Carlos Correa and just decided he doesn’t want to.

Damn it, man I’d REALLY like to go to Grapefruit League, but I’m going walleye fishing in Wyoming first week of April as long as we can get the boat in the water. Lakeland is a great ball park, there used to be a lot of teams in that area. Well, they just said they ARE going to play 162 games so small window for spring training.

1 Like

PLAY BALL!!

1 Like

Tigers should get at least one more bat, sp, and 2 rp. I can see a trade

Tigers open up against Philly in Lakeland Friday, if the schedule is correct.

It is. Players report today and they start on the 18th with games.

1 Like

Another good thing is spring training will be much shorter this year. It’s always been way too long.

1 Like

Correa isn’t worth the money he is going to get. I am very very happy with the Baez signing.

2 Likes

Carlos Rodon 2/44m. I didnt realize he put up late 30s Nolan Ryan numbers last year…

It is is his one good year out of 6, so…

In my NL only keeper league he will go for less being an AL transplant…but still probably 12% of team budget…ehhhh…