Detroit Tigers

Damn!!!

Tigers sign Willy Peralta to Minor league deal. If it happens this would be a good addition.

1 Like

Not sure I want Rick back.

1 Like

I would. Eat up innings help the younger guys.
I want another veteran who has had success to help the young starters, ie the future, understand what it takes in the Majors. More than Boyd or Fulmer; Holland and Porcello would offer that.

Not about wins this year, at least for me, all about the young guys and seeing what we have or more importantly…don’t have.

I prefer some one we could trade at the deadline, who can teach our young SP

Well, I suspect most of our young starters will be on inning limits meaning we need guys like Porcello or someone else.

True. Man I miss the old Tigers town message board.

2 Likes

I saw him pitch on Lakeland right before the season started, his last start before making it to the show. They lost to Washington but he had game.

1 Like

Check that, looks like he was thr backup plan/side chick while they made googly eyes at Porcello…and then Rick asked for real money…

Well, after they get a bucket of chicken and some cold slaw in trade for Boyd about July, we’ll see the 3 Amigos come up and get half a year of MLB instruction.

Yes I’m assuming Fulmer will be hurt at that point. Again. Also, Urena will be gone by 8/1 either traded if he didn’t suck, or more likely demoted because he does.

I really want to see Soto grow up and be what he can be…poor man’s Kenley Jansen. Bryan Garcia I like but he smells like 8th inning setup guy material. Big Joe…well I still have hope, but he is trending Valverde instead of Aurelio…

Good paragraph in today’s freep, not something I normally say about that rag, but it was Hinch being quoted about prospects and expectations and more importantly the level of preparation todays prospects receive. Something to remember when you see the pitchers/hitters struggle.

There is an entire industry based around baseball prospects, which only serves to heighten the expectations, as well as the potential to mess with guys’ heads.

“The other part of it is the volume of information that’s out there for players,” Hinch said. “You can read your headlines a little bit easier nowadays, and the expectation level is through the roof. We’re firing guys through the minor-league system at a rapid rate. They’re getting to the big leagues, you know, prepared but maybe not as prepared as the last couple of decades and that expectation of them performing right away is never been higher.”

Tigers sign Julio Teheran to minor league deal.

A couple of years ago, I dropped cable, but now it seems like no streaming service is going to carry fox sports detroit. Any other ways to watch Tiger games?

1 Like

Thanks, totally forgot about that. Wow, $110 for the year. So much for saving money by cutting cable.

Don’t think they have a one team option,it’s all or nothing with the MLB. Although compared to NFL ~ MLB 30 x 162 games for $110 vs how much for the NFL Ticket?

2 Likes

I live in Michigan and it looks like they black out the Tiger games, but you get everything else.

If you’re worried about the cost of cable or MLB ticket for Tiger’s games, you could always bet against the Tigers 162 times. Over the course of the season, you’ll easily cover the cable bill.

1 Like

So as far as I can tell:

• No streaming service is going to carry FSD (Bally Sports Detroit)
  • MLB has blackout rules for games in market (so every game except Detroit)
  • Spectrum (my local cable) is the only option that I can see, Maybe AT&T, but never really cared for them.

I dropped cable because it seemed like a lot to pay for what I used it for. I really like Playstation Vue and Youtube TV is solid, but without Tiger games . . .

Maybe Bally Sports Detroit will offer something if you gamble, I guess I’ll wait and see after the regular season starts.