Detroit Tigers

You’re right.
but it was memphis moving up, not us.

That’s a lottery win my man, moved up in a super stacked draft full of hall of famers, can’t ask for more. They of course F-ed it up.
The drop this year didn’t really matter at all, the talent wasn’t that great.

all i said was that they never moved up other than last year. still true.
in other words, they have shitty lottery luck.
even if you call it a win in 2003, they still have shitty lottery luck.

I’m not a basketball fan, but gifted Cade and the chance to draft D. Wade. Hard to call that bad luck. Bad drafting. Yes.

Barnes was ROY at pick 4. Mobley might be the best player in that draft at pick 3. Cade was one overall but the jury’s out on whether he was the right pick. That was a stacked draft.
The Memphis pick which turned into Darko set us back big time. Imagine the going to work team with Bosh. Still bummed over that. Shitty luck and bad drafting is not a good
combination.

I think Dickie V. told them to take Carmello. Should have listened. Don’t think Wade was getting the hype for that pick. But you know, maybe some smart GM would have taken him. Like Stevie Y. did with Seider.

1 Like

any one of the next three picks would have been great - Carmelo, Bosh, Wade.

I do remember some people thinking Wade was lazy and a head case. Kind of laughable now.

It’s really not about how many times you move up but how far and when. The Oilers moved up a bunch of times and got:

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, and Nail Yakupov.

Everyone talked about their luck, but Hall is kind of average and RNH is barely adequate, and Nail a complete bust.

But then they got Connor and that changed everything.

And the Leafs the year after that got Auston Matthews.

So it’s not just about winning the lottery, but winning the lottery in the correct year. More years than not the 1st overall pick is just a guy.

1 Like

False. People say Scottie and Mobley are better for clicks. Watch them play basketball.

Yeah, Cade is the right call. Do everything wing is more valuable in today’s game than Mobley or Barnes, and Barnes had no chance at going 1OA, it was Cade or Mobley.

1 Like

I wanted Mobley but Cade is going to be a very good player and I’m happy we got him.

For the record, if we re-drafted tomorrow I’d still pick Cade. Its simply not knowable right now whether that would be the right pick – ie. the jury is still out. Can’t see how you can argue with that after one year in.

1 Like

Are you sure!? The Rookie of the Year wants a word! Scottie can do it all right now, except the jumper is a work in progress. If the jumper develops, he will be a triple double machine and is already an excellent defender.

Impressed with Cade and Mobley as well for sure. Some real ballers in last years draft.

Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

1 Like

What in the F is wrong with these clowns? Strike out the side, ball gets by Haas, batter gets to first base, then we give up six runs. You can’t make this crap up. This is the most ridiculous team I have ever seen. Trade them all and fire Hinch. Outrageous. This might be the most mentally weak team in history. I was at a bar with colleagues and we were up 4 to 2, I jokingly said to my buddy that I was waiting to see how the Tigers would blow it. Never in my wildest dreams could I have made this shit up. What an embarrassment this team is.

Honestly, no<, I would not be real sure. Probably couldn’t go wrong with Cade, Barnes or Mobley. Cade needs to cut down turnovers, Barnes needs a jumper, and Mobley just needs to be a little more aggressive. All three are great players with different upsides. But I give the small edge to Cade because I think he can carry a team in crunch time, and is still developing. It was a great draft - you still have guys like Green, Kuminga, Giddy and Wagner who will be great pro’s as well.

1 Like

Its not as bad as it is.

Have you ever seen a season where Every Single Damn Thing goes wrong? Now you have. Not likely to see another

Rookie Phenom#1 Tears up ST, gets hurt the week before the season. Misses half the year and is struggling now.

Rookie Phenom #2 Hits .197 with no power after showing Gigantic power at every stop before. Hitting same in minors after being demoted.

Solid 2-3 WAR Vet on new 2 yr extension-3 month monster slump

Solid 2-4 WAR Young Vet -4 month Monster Slump

Vet catcher that at least wont hurt you in batting average, hurts you in batting average.

Miggy turns into Singlio, again.

Huge Young FA star known for glove and bat, and bith glove and bat straight up suck out loud.

Solid 4OF vet coming off career year puts up AAAA season at best

Last year’s diamond in the rough regresses to petrified dog turd.

Bench guys prove they are bench guys with added PAs.

AAAA OF prospects prove they are AAA players

Young budding star SP elbow stretched beyond elasticity (wtf?), out until 24

Younger power arm SP injury lingers, kills 2/3 of his season

Power lefty young SP makes big strides and is about to become a top 20 SP in AL…now may have dead elbow at best case

Last year’s surprise positive SP spends all year on DL

Big FA SP sucks, flakes out and goes AWOL for 2 months.

Former top SP prospect overcomes 2 injuries, has a great 10 start beginning, gets hurt.

3rd level SP prospects shuttled up to MLB get schmucked on the regular.

Big FA reliever dinged up, probably will exercise opt out now.

Inconsistent closer sprnds all year being inconsistent.

Trade deadline dump deals bring back less value than previous dump trades, which seemed impossible but hey, thats Avila…

NOTHING went right. Not a got dan thing.

Never seen anything like it in any sport.

Pretty sure that wont happen next year.

2 Likes

that’s really an amazing list. was there any one thing that went well? middle relievers came through? anything else?

They retained the pitching coach?

Ummm…

Nope, thats about it. Middle relievers, which are by far the most wildly swinging variance in performance year to year in baseball, so they probably get shelled next year…and they didnt lose their pitching coach

Wooo! Thems some awesome marketing slogans for 2023!

1 Like

add to the list of bad things that somehow the batting coach is still with the team!

Haas is playing a lot at while we have a gold glove catcher on the bench? Or was this just a rest day?