Detroit Tigers

Wolfie has a little Big Red/Gum Time/Lima Time goin on though…

Somehow, Lima managed to survive 13 years in the majors despite having 9 losing record seasons and a ERA of 6.60 during those 9 seasons.

1 Like

I think his quirkiness gave him a little bit of a pass with a lot of fans when in reality he just wasn’t very good. Though I guess if I’m going to have a sucky player I’d rather have one that puts on a little crazy show in between pitches. It’s at least some bang for my buck.

1 Like

LOL…you can watch every game for free.
I posted the links at my old board like 100 times.

1 Like

Actually P, they’d have to pay me to watch.

2 Likes

I don’t think scherzer was going to stay. He wanted to be the ace on a team.

Mlb scheduling needs to be looked at. That’s the main reason the tigers don’t have two more World Series titles IMO. Especially in 2006. That team was white hot. If they’d rolled right into the series they would have crushed the cardinals. Instead they sat for 10 days and went ice cold. Such a waste.

1 Like

this team is a mess.
with nothing on the horizon.
they paid miggy five years too long. and its crippled them for a decade…maybe two.
avila did more harm to the tigers than millen did to the lions or SVG to the pistons.

It’s amazing how many MLB teams keep giving out these 10+ year contracts, which are fully guaranteed. Have any of them actually worked out well?

Tigers go to extras again.

MIGGY!!!

TIGERS WIN!!!

Talking about crazy contracts, deferred salary, but still.

1 Like

Bobby Bonilla day is coming…

2 Likes

Sorry I missed it, however that post is over a year old. They couldn’t pay ME to watch them now.

1 Like

Today’s game, and last nights, were quite enjoyable.

4 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know if I’d go as far as saying Avila was as bad as millen. Avila was certainly bad but he did leave us with some young talent that has a chance to be very good. Greene is an absolute keeper. Torkelson is starting to hit. You still have a good amount of young, talented pitchers in the system. After this season we’re finally out from under miggys contract.

This isn’t where we want to be at all but it isn’t the lions 2008 roster full of players that’ll be out of the league in two years.

The problem with Avilia is his vision of a minor league system was from 30 years ago. Many in MLB have described it as archaic at best. Just this week Matt Manning said he was not expec ted to develop secondary pitches in the minors. He’s learning how to throw a curve in the big leagues. A MLB insider on the Huge Show weeks ago said that league wide people knew Tork wasn’t ready to be called up and many are hoping the Tigers haven’t stunted his development due to not developing his skills.
I never knew much while Avilia was in charge, he was a good guy, but a lot of negative information has since come out.

1 Like

Avila learned from Dombrowski regarding minor leagues players, analytics and more. Prospects were trade pieces for DD and that is how he used much of the farm.

Avila was too tied in to the DD methods and this team was so far behind in analytics and devopment that it was criminal. He started to make changes but man from what some of the players have said over the years to what some of the front office folks have said off the record it was bad.

3 Likes

Tigers April opponents.

Tampa
Boston
Houston
Toronto
Sf
Cleveland
Baltimore
Milwaukee
Baltimore

This was going to be a slow start no matter what.

May opponents

Mets
St. Louis
Cleveland
Seattle
Pitt
Washingtom
KC
White Sox
Texas

That 2nd half of May is where they need to have their stuff together to make up some ground.

1 Like

Agree.
I liked Hinch benching JB it was a risk but was a message that had to be sent.

1 Like