Detroit Tigers

Yup, he will be trade bait. If he can keep pitching like he is he will have a good return I have to believe.

Id be calling the Cardinals on him. Their pitching has been crap, they have a deep system and need to move an outfielder or 2.

Arizona, Dodgers, similar.

They absolutely need to trade him. He has been a huge tease his entire career…

1 Like

Absolutely agree.
Need bats, need bats close MLB ready if not already there, clarify: good bats.

Hoping to see the kid from the Jimenez trade up soon, he has hit everywhere and continuing to do so.

1 Like

13yrs ago today Tigers lost Ernie Harwell, spent many nights listening to him on the AM dial. One of the best ever.

5 Likes

I miss his voice on the radio. As an elementary student I’d sneak in my transistor radio and at lunch and last recess listen to Tiger spring training games with him and Paul Carey. Both were nothing, but pure class, and will never be replaced. I loved how Ernie always knew from what town the person was from, that got the foul balls :laughing: I still remember seeing him in the consourse as he lay in rest at Comerica Park. Very somber day. In my mancave I have his books autographed by him on display.

I will say, Dan Dickerson does a great job on the radio.

2 Likes

Interesting stat about the 2023 Detroit Tigers, as they are up 2-0 on a Baez 2run shot early on against the Cards.
Tigers have played 30 games, 16 of those were against the AL East I think Weasel talked about this in an earlier post.

W/L VS
AL East 2-14
Al Ctr 2-1
AL West 2-1
NL 7-1

I’m just glad they’re playing ok ball and watchable so far this year. Their pitching seems to be solid so far.

1 Like

So Many Nights Listening To Ernie.

In bed as a kid

While studying

Whike watching TBS or WGN w the sound down (twofer!)

While not studying.

In The Car All My Professional Life.

Late night drive around figure your ■■■■■■■ life out time…

Ernie( and Paul)…miss em a lot

2 Likes

“he stood there like a house beside the road”.

Ernie was like comfort food that Grandma and Mom used to make.

Miss listening to Ernie on those warm summer nights on my 8 transistor pocket radio. WKZO radio.

Acute nostalgia pouring in.

2 Likes

Excellent inning by the Tigers Pen to get out of a bases loaded situation.
Tigers 4
Cards 3n end of 7

And I’m out for the night.

Amen.

To this day the TV and radio guys from that time are still my favorites
Ernie
Al Kaline and George Kell.

Now I’m out.

2 Likes

Don’t look now but after starting 2-9, they’re 12-8. They seem to be getting all the breaks lately.

1 Like

They are 2 - 14 against the AL East, 12 - 3 against everyone else

Wild coincidence, but also based on opponent record they’ve had the toughest first month in baseball - or near enough. The composite record of their opposition is ~ .570. Cleveland, San Francisco and now St. Louis are the only teams - 6 games total - under .500. Detroit is 5-1 in those games

14-17 with the shit talent they have is a testament to…

Im not really sure.

The talent they have doesn’t produce yet…

Schoop, Baddoo and Miggy are automatic outs.

Maton and his .156 BA have clutched their way to 14 RBI…apparently a lot of RISP groundouts?

Jake Rogers K % is a smidge above FORTY

Greene is on pace to set the MLB record for strikeouts. Hes not alone this year (Julio!)

Tork looks like 35 yr old Dave Bergman w/o the all time classic AB vs Roy Lee Jackson

Baez…sigh…who knows…

mel brooks GIF

I love Miggy, the younger Miggy, but man Justin Henry-Malloy just continues to hit at Toledo. Kid has hit at every level with the Braves and Detroit put him at DH, we need another bat and he is the one that is available. Get rid of Schoop as I know Miggy is here for the farewell tour.

1 Like

Malloy has one of the best eyes in all of Baseball. It literally doesn’t male sense that he isn’t on the team.

1 Like

Houston just lost another starting pitcher, Garcia. Wonder what they’d give up for our starter Rodriguez. He’s opting out after this year anyway, along with us not really going anywhere. I’m happy they’ve been competitive but realistically get something for him before he jumps ship for more $. At least that’s the rumor mill regarding him.

1 Like

Yep, he gone!

Has anyone seen or heard from @Martymcfly2017 lately? I know he was going through family issues and hope all is well.

Last post April 3…last login yesterday