Detroit Tigers

Hopefully Baez opts out too so we can use all that money to fix our shitty lineup.

Or just give Shohei a blank check and see what he does with it.

I hope Beaz keeps his hitting streak going so could possibly happy.

Worst case we lose Miggy’s 30m so there should be some money to spend…

Can’t forget Bob Ufer.

2 Likes

Oh man, more great memories.
I worked on a loading dock on Saturdays in the late 70’s and early 80s, VanSolkema Farms in Byron Center for those of you in the area, listened to him every Saturday.

Then when I moved to GA and started listening to their games, Larry Munson was another old school guy.
Blessed to have some great announcers for my teams.

Assuming Rodriguez opts out the Tigers only have Baez signed after this year

Baez isn’t the salary black hole the Cabrera and Schoop are. Even at his current performance he’s productive although overpaid. Not a disaster.

Fixed

takes it to the dodgers to use as leverage.

Maybe

I don’t see Harris selling low on Rodriguez, especially if the team continues to have success. He got a lot for Soto and Jimenez, should get a lot more for ERod. If no one steps up, I think the team keeps him

If he keeps pitching like this someone will step up.

1 Like

Can’t see how this team is 15-18 and a half game behind the Guardians for third and three games behind the Twins for first.

1 Like

Tis baffling, because those hitters suuuuuck.

Timely hitting is a thimg though.

Just remember, the Tigers played pretty ok each of the first two seasons for like the first 6 weeks or so, then fell apart.

Hinch needs to prove he wasnt just riding a trashcan down Cheater River like the 2nd Hobbit movie

so right now the tigers are competitive with the meh and sucky teams, which is pretty much our division so that’s fine.

but we cannot hold a candle to the top teams. at all.

I guess that’s ok, baby steps in a 10 year rebuild but I don’t see us cracking that top level any time soon.

If they want ERod back for Mayer, Harris should fly to Boston tonight…

Good dream tho.

Heres my only decent Mayer card

1 Like

Without the AL East, we’re 15-5.
But who thinks its not smoke and mirrors?

1 Like

I can’t trust this team yet, kind of like the lions. they need to ‘do’ something. if we can actually be challenging for the division (which is a horrible division) around my birthday in july, then we’re onto something.

depends on what we can get for our ace.

2 Likes

I didn’t think they were as bad as they showed against the AL East and not as good as they are showing now as the schedule has softened.

Talent was always in pitching and on offense it was young talent that are learning in the bigs, Greene/Tork. They need more bats to put it mildly.

Hinch pulling some magic but still a team with too many holes all over the field, but the Baez benching seems to have wakened them up to a degree. Fun to watch.

1 Like

Over/under on Miggy getting another 10 RBIs to pass Mel Ott for No. 13 all-time?

I say he does it, but barely and he has no chance of challenging Willie Mays for No. 12 (he’d need 59 RBIs this season and he’s hitting like Mr. 3000.

1 Like