Devon Witherspoon…

And Ebron.
And Pettigrew.
All first rounders.
Now, look where Kittle, Gronk, and Kelce were drafted.

1 Like

Cost

Also → upgrade
…but even with that, I can’t see it happening…errr…I hope we can’t see it happening.

jerry cant see GIF by HULU

Problem is he is not going to be there at 18. Only reason he is not getting talked about more is because he is a RB in a pass happy league.

When you look at his body of work, his pff score, RAS score, his tape. Does he love ball? Do teammates gravitate towards him and look to him as a leader. He is a team first player. Trade down to 8 or 10 and take him and move on to the next pick.

Ranking by just scores and not accounting for positional value he is easily top 5 in this class

1 Like

This was my thought as well.

Still wouldn’t bat an eye.

I forget who said it on here, but they (paraphrasing) said “if you love the guy, then just take the guy and be done with it.”.

He definitely checks all the boxes as a BH / DC guy.

2 Likes

Same spot Tucker Kraft will go
@Mr.Peabody

3 Likes

I think it was Jack Fox who said that.

1 Like

How silly of me to forget.

Wrong
It was Jack Mehoff who said that

Fox is the ultimate value for position guy.
What round would he have gone in if ppl knew what he would evolve into?

Man I don’t know. I get the sentiment but he was a force in the SEC playing upright and in the dirt. He had a 91 run stop grade and a ridiculous amount of pressures and sacks

I could see a 4 man front of our DT taking two blockers Hutch running a twist inside, which they did a lot, Houston and Anderson wreaking absolute havoc. Teams that can pressure with four give the rest of the defense a lot of options

I’ve been convinced our pick is going to be Spoon for a months now. But have an inkling as of yesterday Anderson falls to us

What I hope though is we trade back a few and take JSN. I don’t want him with the Packers

I think Gonzo is worth it. But I definitely agree with you on Witherspoon. It still boggles my mind that he keeps getting mocked so high. Such a strange year.

We are full force going for that bring the band back together Dbackfield

Spoon fits that with Kerby

I will not be a happy camper…

I don’t think he is a stud… This feels tragically like when we decided to be the smartest team in the world and take Jeff Okudad vs a monster DT or blue chip QB prospects…

I am one of the bigger- GOFFLINGS in here, and I’d rather take AR15 than Witherspoon at #6

2 Likes

If Devon was truly our first choice wouldn’t we have released some smoke that we’re not big on him? It seems leaving this degree of consensus in encumbered would risk a team jumping us.

1 Like

Jump us to take an undersized CB in the top 5, I would welcome that. With how deep the CB class is, you can sit back and take next available…like the Raiders are most likely gonna do. Heck, we can get a similar player at pick 18.

With such a deep DB class, I don’t understand why all these mocks have us taking Weatherspoon. If Anderson and Carter aren’t available, and QB and trade down are not options, give me JSN all day everyday instead of CB. I could argue we need a WR more than a DB for this years team. He is by far the best WR in a not so strong WR draft so why not take the best? He would be a no brainer top 10 pick if not for the injury, which was a hamstring and not an ACL or something worse.

We have 1 very good reliable WR currently. JSN is an elite route runner, and can play slot, outside and even line up in the backfield. Goff needs WRs who get open, we will get our burner after week 6. Then go DB with 18 if you feel you have to.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s strange to me that Gonzo seems to have fallen off the radar on this board, mostly due to his perceived culture non-fit.

Elite athletics and skill set. All the traits to be a shutdown corner in any scheme. He may have some deficiencies with some definition of toughness, but if we draft him It’s for his ability to cover and shutdown the opposing WRs across from him.

I’d have no issues with Gonzo being the pick.

1 Like

I think most agree that an elite DLman will have better positional value over the other positions on defense. But who is that elite DLman in this draft? That is expected to be available at 6OA?

Anderson and Carter gone, who’s in that next tier group that you would take over the other options that will be available?

Welcome aboard!