Did we just sign Deshon Elliott? MIAMI SIGNED HIM

Agree man he was #2B on my resign list

1 Like

Holmes will get us a safety in the 13th round.

1 Like

He must have a time machine… back in the 1960’s there was 20 rounds.

He was benched for causing miscommunication during the season and only got his job back due to injury at one point

Perhaps his shoulder is more damaged then he is letting on and the lions said no thanks……
Search Spying GIF by Zella Day

3 Likes

I was afraid of this. Elliott left Baltimore over a lack of playing time. The guy is really good, but, is he good enough to beat out Walker or JKerb?
Apparently, he didn’t think so.

He left Baltimore bc they gave up on him ever being healthy….

1 Like

We run some cover two and in a cover two your safeties are interchangeable and coverage skills are most important.

However the Lions run two-man the most and in a two man you need a SS type who is good at playing down hill. Elliot was good in two man but a liability in cover two.

I think Kirby and Walker are more FS types than SS.

So the question is will we find a new SS type or will we run more cover two?

I suspect we will be drafting a Strong Safety type and my guess is we do so in round 2-3.

3 Likes

Lions like Iffy

2 Likes

Antonio Johnson or Sydney Brown would be good options I like Sydney because he works as hard as AR St Brown… Him and his brother RB Ronnie are both rocked up dudes.

1 Like

curious about this fella’s ceiling.

He was a CB an Lions staff have converted him to a Safety all reports that you read they like how he stepped up last season. Did he light it up no but he showed them a lot from what I have read or heard in vids. He has the size an ability to be that big safety an showed some of it last year.

6’3 210 pounds he had 8 tackles half sacks an few passes defended

He played in 12 games he is a ok when needed safety They will add one or draft one .maybe both.
They also have Brady Breeze on roster a Safety

I like Sydney also

Iffy is soft, just like his brother Obi

1 Like

Episode 2 Jedi GIF by Star Wars

Iffy sucked in that game against Carolina when they ran for 700 yards.

Definitely Holmes 2nd worst draft pick

He was benched for awhile last year. I don’t think we wanted him. At all.
There was also that “I need to get out of Detroit” post that was deleted. I always thought there was something to that and there was no way he’d be back.

For me, its ‘good riddance’.

Now that we have Sutton, it could free up Okudah to try the second safety spot. Neither Sutton nor Okudah are exceptionally fast corners. Would love to get Banks, especially if its at 18.

The floor beneath your feet……