Dilemma

Whole family going to see Taylor Swift in Edinburgh tomorrow. Daughter wanted us all to wear Taylor swift tee shirts and i, of course refused. She has appeared today with a chiefs t shirt and wants me to wear it. Now, with hindsight id rather wear a TS shirt than that.

1)Do i point blank refuse?
2) wear it , then take it off during concert and have a lions shirt underneath.
3)just wear it
4)grow a set and give ticket away and wait in the pub!

3 Likes

Wear whatever makes your daughter happy. No brainer.

14 Likes

Wow you stepped in this one… If she spent her actual money on it I think you gotta wear the shirt.* And learn the timeless lesson that things can always get worse.

*Unless you paid for the concert tickets, in which case you should probably save the shirt since you won’t be able to buy any new clothes, or anything else, for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

I would wear Taylor Swift underpants. They might make you grow a set instantaneously.

4 Likes

Just wear the Lions shirt, and keep loudly reminding everyone about week 1 last year. :wink:

5 Likes

This is the correct answer. Go to the concert, wear the silly Taylor Swift shirt, sing and dance to the stupid songs, and enjoy creating an exceptional experience for your daughter/family. There are a lot of times and things we do in life that aren’t about us, but what we do for others and especially for the ones we love. This is probably one of those times.

10 Likes

Feeling very grateful that God blessed me with two sons.

4 Likes

Do what makes her happy.

Life is far too short to care about trivial, media-driven bullshit.

7 Likes

Some real good answers in here.
The funny thing to me is that if I were to ask my daughter or sons if I could wear the TS shirt, they’d tell me to not be so cringe, LOL.

To be honest, I might just wear the Chiefs shirt.

This is a dilemma indeed.

3 Likes

I would wear it. Being a Lions fan, I am sure the number of things they have had to put up with for you must be innumerable.

In my house it was years of
“Why are you still watching this? They are horrible!”

That might as well have been on recorded loop for decades.

1 Like

That would be my choice in this dilemma.

make your daughter happy and wear the Taylor Swift shirt , she will only love you more for doing that for her.

4 Likes

#2 for the giggles. Or just wear a Jared Goff jersey and explain to her that he has never lost to Mahomes. So his jersey is way cooler.

1 Like

Wear whatever the hell your little girl asks you to wear. That’s a memory she will have the rest of her life, or refuse and THAT’S the memory she will have the rest of her life.

7 Likes

For the record, merely attending the concert with your daughter/family makes you a rock star #girldad. There’s no losing here. (well, except for the going to the pub part, but you were obviously not serious about that anyway)

Since you rightfully objected to the TS shirt and since your family already acquired for you the Chiefs shirt, I’m wearing the Chiefs shirt. I often say “the best tasting cup of coffee is one poured for you”. Well, drink up and enjoy.

4 Likes

Go naked and hit Wendy’s before the concert!

You will end up in the clinker for a day or two and this by default miss the concert and still honor the lions in a way! :joy:

5 Likes

Easy.

Wear a Deandre Swift Lions jersey.

5 Likes

So you’re gonna go through with it?

3 Likes

I agree with Slay. And just be grateful that she didn’t want you to wear chaps or something.

2 Likes

If a Lions fan wears a Chiefs T-shirt, is that cross dressing?

2 Likes