Do we really Have to sign a FA CB?

Right. I doubt he makes it to the market. Bradberry will but he’s getting up there and will be quite pricey. Fabian Moreau won’t cost much and made some big plays for NY this year. Anthony Brown? :man_shrugging:

If we’re open to taking a moon shot Greedy Williams is a FA. Not sure if he passes the no turds threshold though.

If so he fits Brad’s one year prove it deal strategy perfectly greedy plays well and then he enters FA again at 26.

4 Likes

Add Jalen Ramsey and the Lions are a Super Bowl contender the next two years—maybe 3, if he holds up well.

He’s only 28 and the Rams flatly cannot afford him.

Flip them No. 18 and a mid rounder and call it a day.

He instantly solidifies the secondary, which is the hardest position to evaluate and address.

1 Like

I think a solid vet leader in the secondary would be huge, both for the development of the unit and immediate results on the field.

An older guy is fine, almost preferred. Someone to ride into the sunset (or take a coaching position) as the young guys are coming into their own and need to get paid.

Solid talent and great culture for is probably better than superstar who isn’t bought in.

If Marcus Peters would play here on a 1-2 year deal I would be very happy. I think he’s more expensive than the type we would sign in FA.

I can see a Troy Hill type brought in along with a 1st round rookie. I just don’t see us spending on a upper level FA.

A trade for Lattimore I could get on board with. One of our 2nds would be a starting point (wouldn’t consider a 1st). I’m staying away from Ramsey…I think he’s one of the leagues most overrated players.

edit
I didn’t realize Lattimore was still just going into his age 27 season. I was thinking he was a couple years older than that. I would really love to have him for the next 4 years or so. Maybe I would give up pick 18 for him.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
YES!!!

1 Like

I can see the temptation for Ramsey. However, I think we would be better of to sign a good corner in free agency and keep the magic beans. Holmes has been magical with his beans. Sign a corner, and draft some young studs.

1 Like

I think so too, man. We may bring in a band aid, but it will be on an Elliot-type deal. If he works out…fantastic…if not, we have youngsters on the way anyway…that sorta thing.

1 Like

At 18?

I appreciate the Holmes love but he doesn’t walk on water (that we know of). 18 is a weird draft position.

Bradberry could be in play in FA but Ramsey seems like more of a culture fit.

I’d add this: If Holmes can get Ramsey for 18, LA has to call him their daddy the next two seasons.

2 Likes

he’s still practicing, my bro. We have no documented incidents, but he is trending toward getting it done! I have faith that he will be picking up this skill soon

:facepunch: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Houston in round 6, St. Brown in round 4, Kerby in round 3, Rodrigo round 6.

walking on water GIF

2 Likes

Keep pick 18… I would rather give the rams the 2 2nds for ramsey… its not like 2nd rd picks produce in detroit anyways

2 Likes

I said it before and I will say it again. Go get Pat Peterson on a one year deal - will cost 6 to 8 millions, adds a significant veteran presence to the locker room and allows us to still take a corner high in the draft. While he isn’t going to be a huge upgrade I think he is still a very solid and savvy vet and at the right price too.

2 Likes

The Rams traded away all their draft picks for good players because they knew Brad could get them good rookies in rounds 2-7.

The argument that “we shouldn’t be taking beans away from Brad” can be easily countered with “Brad can still get good rookies later in the draft”.

1 Like

I’ve been considering that option as well. Peterson had a good season.

1 Like

I agree same people were all over Hamilton an a S makes few plays a game yet on here the posters want Cap Hell again its what many are use to.

I would rather have at least 2 maybe 3 CBs from draft to add to a couple of resigns.

People talk like the resigns never played a snap. No they are not all pros but they have played some football. Check the stats, Also i forgot about Lucas.

Many want to just talk about oh look 2024 cap for Ramsey $25,200,000we signed lets say Ramsey now that what I wanted an he tears a hammy an your back to scrap heap an out a lot of Cap. Nothing like giving the Rams some of are Beans an then help them in Cap lets just go back to what Lions have been for 50 years a minor league system for other teams soon as we develop players trade them away an help out the other league teams take there over priced players.

I have been a Lion fan maybe longer than anyone here an I can see what we have done wrong but many want the shiny FA signing or two so they can talk even if it sets team back years.

I am not against that type of signing when he or a couple top stud players put us at least over the top.

Next season we are not there yet.

1 Like

I think the CB corps is worse than most on this board think. They need real help.

6 Likes

We are the second youngest team in the league, with the youngest starters.

Yea re about to get younger with the next draft, brokers & Vatai (2 of our oldest players leaving town), & some of our bottom players getting replace by top tier talent.

This team is young AF but has some youth coming up into their own for leadership.

Gonna be interesting to see how they address it

1 Like

Well maybe last years draft was just different.

Top CB Ahmad Gardner how about Derek Stingley rated #7 so #1 6,7 Kaiir Elam #6 few moore who played well first year Kyler Gordon… Martin Emerson…There are others i just selected a few who as first year played better or as good as the pricey CB s

I honestly think your wrong saying it takes years . So if we had drafted a couple of them last year Sauce an another we would be going into 2023 with two starters at the cost of way less than Ramsey by like 10 million per season.

Thats not fair we took Hutch an we needed the pressure end but it shows that they can step in a play year one that was my point.

1 Like