Do you think Brad Holmes and the Lions would take Carter?

The Lions are on the board, 3 QB’s have been taken along with 1 Edge and a DB…

That leaves Carter still on the board when the Lions pick, but their 1st choice DB is not on the board any longer.

Do you think Brad Holmes would pick Carter at 6? (Not asking what you would do, asking what your honest expectation is for the Lions head honcho.)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

No chance @ 6 IMO, but if he starts sliding!?

@18 he might be worth the risk.

3 Likes

Nope. Gonzo then Breesee.

Is this a Football team, or the Boy Scouts? The dude messed up , he’s young and immature…Our team and coaches can guide him…( and supply him with drivers)

6 Likes

There’s definitely more to the Jalen Carter story than raced-with-teammate-and-friend-and-left-them-dead.

I don’t think they’ll take him, but I agree… I’m in the Deion camp, I want my DL from a single mother home, not terribly bright and a dawg bc they had to be growing up.

3 Likes

He is off their board. Has been. NO TURDS. He could drop to the 3rd round and he wouldn’t be picked.

8 Likes

Suh hasn’t killed himself yet…. Yet and carter has the same speed issues. This was not his first issue with driving way too fast. Once he gets his contract it wont get better.

2 Likes

Love you brother! but 3rd round eh… Carter will be long gone by then

Bresee is not a first round pick!

4 Likes

It comes down to there research. If he checks out im sure they do. He was widely reguarded as the best player in the draft or number 2, at a position of need. Also happens to be a impact position.

He was told to leave the scene, the idea he could help, knowing 911 had been called is nuts. He’s not a trained emt, he very easily could have done more harm and cost a life.

1 Like

There was a loss of life and he went into CYA mode. That’s fine. I understand that many, many people would do that.

I also understand that that is exactly the kind of thing that Dan Campbell wants to know about a person. Now he knows and doesn’t have to ask around to find out.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how honest he was in his interactions. If he tried to hide the police investigation he’s done with Detroit.

3 Likes

Going by his interviews and what coaches and teamates have said about him I don’t think he has character issues.

He made one horrible mistake that he will most likely never make again. If Holmes and Campbell interview him and take him at six I have no problem with it.

Most likely we will end up with either Carter, Anderson, or Wilson with Carter being the best fit.

3 Likes

31st ranked player. and 3rd ranked DT. 6-5 300+pounds and only a Sophomore.

I say he goes in the 1st.

Not for Dan.

It matters exactly what he did when the flame was the hottest.

2 Likes

Not at 18, and his tape looks like a second rounder!

1 Like

Lol…I am w ya. 100%. Just trying to make the point of how far off their board he is….again…it’s speculation but that came out of the combine. I read somewhere in twitter people think he is still top 7.

4 Likes

He’s got Pete Carroll written all over him and I’m 100% ok with it.

3 Likes

Exactly. He was involved in some fashion w poor judgement that led to people losing their lives.

2 Likes