Do you think Brad Holmes and the Lions would take Carter?

I think mid to late 1st round. But I’m wrong all the time. haha

2 Likes

Right? We all are.

2 Likes

Yep! But only a small percentage of us admit that! Makes you think really.

1 Like

I hope so! Sorry not sorry

I’ll narrow it further…

It’s not his involvement that’s a problem. (I mean, it is a problem, but not what renders him undraftable.) (We’ve all been young, irresponsible and stupid.)

It’s his reaction to the situation.
Everyone can cite every reason why his leaving was understandable. But Dan is trying to look into the heart of a player to know if he’s going to be a foundational piece like Penei Sewell. He’s talked about people reverting to their most basic level when under fire. He’s talked about people who would flee when the pressure is turned up. I mean, he’s had these conversations on Youtube and Hard Knocks. Here we have a player that answered those questions for him in real life. Case closed.

4 Likes

I’m trying really hard to convince myself that we would pass on Carter (I know I shouldn’t have to). I just don’t like anyone else at 6 :joy:

1 Like

I imagine Brad will drag race him. Brad wins and he’s off the board.

1 Like

Yup. All of this. Very succinctly well said. Very good and it really displays an understanding of why Dan is so special. What you just said speaks more to why we are finally seeing the change top to bottom more than anything else……it’s Dan. This is why people love him…….and he can “fire a person” and the person has nothing but love for him. He is a master at human interaction and understanding people.

7 Likes

Agreed, it was perfectly said.

3 Likes

I think he’s saying that even if Carter dropped to the Lions 3rd round pick that they wouldn’t pick him, not that he will drop to the 3rd round.

I tend to agree, he’s off the Lions board but I don’t think he gets past Seattle anyway and certainly won’t drop past the Raiders if/when the Lions pass on him.

3 Likes

Isn’t Dan good friends with Sean Payton? He’s able to forgive a lot more than I would be. It’s the Fords you have to worry about, they like that squeaky clean image.

1 Like

I must be crazy but I don’t see any chance they would pass on him at 6 it would be a slam dunk.

Not crazy.

High.

2 Likes

Knows what? Alot of assumptions based off mostly hearsay evidence. Assumptions on what Carter was thinking, what he was told and why he left.

I suppose it would have been better to stay and try and help, knowing 911 had been called. Then actually kill someone who’s in the hospital because he had no training, but wss trying to help.

Yes poor decisions were made in a high stress, life and death situation. Which unless you’ve been in that situation and know from experience how you’d handle it, is a waste of breath. You don’t, not by a long shot.

It’s nothing to do with reacting to a GAME, peoples lives were at stake, that’s an entirely different situation, stress levels a GAME will never recreate and images that will put most people in shock

1 Like

You haven’t the foggiest idea what I know or have been through. Not. A. Clue.
But, the beauty is, that doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through. It doesn’t matter what I’ve been through. It’s not about either of us, it’s about how Brad and Dan would rate the player based on what they KNOW.

I suspect you haven’t spent a lot of time listening to Dan Campbell’s pressers.

IF you’ve been through a situation similar to that then you’d already know better.

As to Campbell, I’ve yet to see him specifically point to a life an death situation where he would judge someone’s reactions, especially if they were in shock

As to what THEY know, fits with exactly what I said, if after all the background and research they feel comfortable with him. Info neither of us are privy to

We’ll see, huh?

The board’s split 50/50 on what they think Brad would do, which is what I aimed to find out when starting the poll. I think it’s all very black and white, myself, but recognized not everyone seen it the same way. I wanted to see how many and here we are.

Personally, I think Carroll takes him at 5 so we’ll never know.

I believe Dan and Brad have exposed enough of the traits that they’ll key in on that more denmates would’ve voted No. I think it’s pretty clear, but I’m also faced with the reality of our being 50/50. So it’s an agree to disagree all the way around.

1 Like

His coaches and team mates aren’t exactly impartial. Even if he was the biggest douchebag in the world, none of the staff or players from his college or high school teams are going to badmouth him in public. The background stuff on every player needs to go a lot deeper than that.

Yea I remember when Warren Sapp fell in the draft. If lions do their homework and pass I’m ok with it but damn I hope he’s our guy. He’s exactly what this defense needs.

1 Like

I hope so, so that we can take Anthony Richardson at #6.

There: I’ve derailed this thread. LOL

1 Like