Do you think Brad Holmes and the Lions would take Carter?

LOL. Perfect!!!

LOL, well if it helps, i agree with this post 100%

ill also be curious if they tell us after the draft if he was on our board or not

Feel the same with Seattle at 5

Just stop, you are wrong. You have been wrong on this topic from the start. Your entire emt what if scenario is wrong. Staying at the scene as a witness is different than jumping in and helping. There are certain scenarios where you do jump in regardless of training. And I speak from that experience that you reference as “unless you have been in such a situation you don’t know how you would respond”. Why was he told to leave the scene? Bc it looked bad for him. It’s not just about the legal guilt aspect. Drinking and driving a car in a residential area at over 100 mph and multiple people lost their lives. That’s reckless and that isn’t normal behavior for a person his age. He is off their board. It’s these moments that define a person’s character. What do you do when the crisis is hit, thoughts are racing and fear takes over. It is what separates a man from a boy, a good person from a bad person.

2 Likes

Or even decent from exceptional.

3 Likes

Also true. Perhaps I’m putting more morality in bc that’s how I look at life……in this kinda situation. Bc lives were lost…but ya….weaker people can have this kinda of response in more trivial scenarios.

1 Like

I don’t know. Telegraph is pretty close to the facility.

I’m just seeing the bigwigs at the conference table setting their board. Who’s going to tell Dan “yes, Carter has your back” or “no, you don’t have to worry about him folding when things heat up” or “no, you’re not going to have to ride him to get him to give his all every down, even when the chips are down”.

Like, who pounds the table that way in Allen Park for Carter?
Is there nobody else likely at 6 that will have multiple coach and executive buy-in?

1 Like

then if you speak from experience, you know beyond a doubt people react vastly different in a situation like that. Otherwise your speaking for yourself.

You can think whatever you like, but unless the car is on fire or filling with water, then trying to help with emts on the way is rarely a good idea. You also don’t know if the person telling him to leave was a first responder. You want to think what you want to believe with limited info

You can hate the guy, don’t care. Your hatred has no bearing on what i think, or what the staff thinks. The bottom line is they’ll do there homework and make their decision based on the facts and interviews you nor I are privy to

What you do in that situation, again and it’s obvious to most and known by those that deal with it regularly. Everyone reacts different, especially if their in shock. Just because you react one way doesn’t mean most will react the same. Most won’t especially if scared, panicked, and in shock

Yes, i have lots of first hand experience, and if you think people react the same think again

1 Like

Yep remember this? Your point is real.

2 Likes

Thank you for saying this. I keep seeing some people say they dragged race when they were young and so this is normal. Sorry - it is not. Drag racing a little as a teenager may happen but not at this level. Just because somebody has done it before does not make it normal.

This is so hilarious!

1 Like

You make a ton of assumptions.

1. I hate the guy? You are wrong.
  2. I am aware of a conversation with Dan that has happened off the record at the combine….that is why I’m telling you he is off their board.
  3. I have a deeper understanding of everything going on in this situation than you clearly realize. As a first responder, as a mandated reporter, as a professional who specializes in trauma and PTSD w special forces and civilians in all facets of life for the D.O.D.
  4. it is interesting that you are chastising me for “judging him” based on my experience yet, in your initial thoughts on this topic you referenced essentially boys will be boys and that you used to drive fast in cars.
  5. a first responder would not tell a witness to leave.
  6. you brought up the implausible emt rationale, not me. I already know the situations where someone might intervene.
  7. I’m am more concerned w what he did that lead up to the state of shock. Leaving is more @LineBusy point and it’s a damn good point. I am concerned about the poor, immature, reckless, stupid, life threatening choices he made before the crash. I’m not even suggesting he directly caused the deaths….there is no evidence that suggests he tapped the cars. The info we have is enough along w other information about him that suggests….ya no….hard pass.
  8. life is about choices. Those choices define us as human beings. You are right, people react differently to these situations. And you know what kind of person you are dealing with based on their choices.
1 Like

If nothing else….GOING OVER 100 IN A RESIDENTIAL ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD IS NOT OKAY. Henry Ruggs killed a woman. People act like that scenario and this are so different….the exact same behavior and choices led to both outcomes.

2 Likes

Qb90 everything ypu have said on this topic is 100% accurate. He will not be a lion come April, even if he is available

1 Like

Nobody is arguing with what you are saying for the most part. They are just simply telling you that because of his actions/reactions…he isn’t a DC/BH guy. And that definitely does make sense based on what we know about Dan and Brad.

I believe that my love for the perfect fit player clouds my judgment. I truly do believe that it takes something like this for someone to wake up. A lot times it has no effect, but sometimes it’s truly what an individual needs to open their eyes. It is something that doesn’t take him off my board personally. But deep down, I think I know that he is off our boards…and I’m ok with that.

2 Likes

With my 72nd vote, it’s exactly 50/50. I think the answer is one we won’t be privy to until he’s available to us and we do or do not. Holmes IMO will talk to the young man and attempt to find out where his head is at. Just as importantly is what was he prior to this? Unfortunately there “might” be a bit of a turd factor. Then again we accept eccentric ala JWill, but if the talent to turd ratio is undesirable for this staff, then he’ll pass. From a tape standpoint, man he’s a force that you assume will get more refined as he develops. Adding that to our existing guys would be sweet.

3 Likes

There is no evidence made public that Carter was intoxicated. It would not surprise me if they have a team contact they must notify immediately when there is an incident. This contact otherwise known as a cleaner then gives instructions. Any incident like bar fights by players is reported and the cleaner comes in to keep the players out of trouble and UGA out of the press. I think they talk to Carter and if he gives the right answers they take him.

1 Like

Well if you have 1st hand knowledge of the situation, that’s a different story, apologies.

As to the first responder, off duty if he knew Carter was my point, or if he was getting in the way. I know of it happening once where it was just the driver that crashed and his buddy was trying to help him avoid a DUI

As to implausible emt rationale, then you know damn well it’s rarely a good idea to try and help, why would you say with emts enroute sometimes you should, when this isn’t one of them? You also know that a wreck at that speed will be greusome, and attempting to move someone or help is a poor idea without proper training

As to boys will be boys. Yes they will, you seem to believe drag racing is a rare thing. Hardly, especially in different locations around the country. Detroit used to be big, flint had a few places, we had them in rural areas. Oklahoma , Texas, Tenn, NY, Kentucky, Cali, Missouri just off the top of my head do a lot of drag racing. If your not a part of the scene your not likely aware. If it’s big in Georgia that i don’t know, but would bet in certain locations it’s pretty common. Yes i used to drag race, i did a lot of stupid stuff, as did my friends, and complete strangers. Especially in my late teens and early 20s.

I was lucky to not kill myself or friends, anyone for that matter. I had friends that wanted me to drive fast or do crazy things in my car. I frequently would, not because we were out to hurt anyone, we were just trying to have fun. Outside light to light stuff when it came to drag racing we were quite careful. However, there were always some that went to far. The guy that built my tranny, died racing a crotch rocket getting on 475 in Mt. Morris.

If you can recall being 21, the guys i grew up around weren’t to concerned about their own safety, 10 ft tall and bullett proof. Nothing bad will happen to me, im a great driver, drive better drunk than sober. Heard lots of talk like that. I know personally i didn’t think id wreck, the thought if getting killed in a drag race didn’t even cross my mind.

That youthful pride goes away as you age and see what can and does happen. I wasn’t a bad kid, i was young and dumb, i was lucky, Carter would have been lucky if the girl didn’t crash. She did, he’s going to relive that night the rest if his life.

Now to how one reacts, sorry i disagree here, completely. It’s far different reacting to a game on the line, then seeing the aftermath of an accident at that rate of speed and what you’ll see inside that vehicle. The shock, fear, and panic is unlike anything you’ll get in a football game. You’ve been in those situations, then you know the type of scene we’re talking about. There’s not many people i know that doesn’t effect, including first responders that are somewhat accustomed to it.

All that said, sorry i know it was long, thanks for clarification…l was wrong about your situation and knowledge of this situation. If your still doing first responder work , thanks you guys are a special breed and if not thanks for what you did, you made a lot of people lives better

1 Like

Be that as it may, I think I’d be a little disappointed in BH\DC if they based his “turd meter” while jumping to conclusions as some here appear to be doing

I voted yes

There were rumblings about him before the racing incident. I am sure the Lions have vetted those stories. I could see them bringing him in for a visit. They will have many facts and then measure him against those fact. I think the key point is does he love football enough! IF he DOES, then I don’t think the misdemeanors will matter…IF he doesn’t I don’t think the misdemeanors matter then either.

EVEN IF THEY DON’T want him bringing him in might be a nice bit of smoke. Could get a team to jump up for him or Seattle take him and make sure our target is still there at 6. Personally, I like moving to 3 for Anderson.