Does Davis still make the team?

I’m not worried about LB’s. The regime doesn’t value them as much as other regimes. I’m more concerned about DL play and secondary play. I am a fan of Davis. I 100% think he will thrive in this defense as a rush LB.

3 Likes

The rookies probably don’t make it. Rodriguez and Houston are probably practice squad guys

6 Likes

Shaun Dion Hamilton is always hurt though. It’s jot a one time thing.

2 Likes

Rodriguez will make the roster. Houston? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

based on initial impressions… I agree here.

1 Like

All I can tell ya is they love him, if he can stay healthy he is playing significant time. Might be a big if, but there is a reason why he is still on the team.

1 Like

If Houston rushes the passer like it appears that he’s capable of then he’ll definitely make it. Fun guy to watch. Handles pass rush and blitz like he’s playing RB. Jump cut into a rip. Good stuff.

And his lack of height with crazy long arms makes his poser play up bc he can get into you first and do so with leverage.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m nuts but I could see all the picks making it….they all have athletic upside and would appear to be coachable…

2 Likes

I think he’s been healthy one of the last five years.

1 Like

Not crazy at all. Especially considering their last pick is an older guy that’s more high floor and lower ceiling.

3 Likes

But i get it. I really liked him in 2016.

2 Likes

Same, just some just stuff I’ve heard, bc it would not make sense that he just hangs around. Apparently they really like him and he is really talented but those injuries are a reoccurring issue.

1 Like

No way they carry 7 ILB’s. Two of those guys you hope make it back to the PS.

Never said they are taking 7……if you read my second post I said 5-6. It will be from that list though most likely.

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen that one, yet.:rofl:

2 Likes

Anzalone Starter
Barnes Starter/Rotation
Board Rotation
Davis. Makes team. Not sure if he lasts all year
Pittman Last LB slot if Hamilton hurt
Beckett Byeee
Berry Byeee
Lemonier Byeeee
Dion hamilton Rostered if healthy
Woods Rostered ST
Rodriguez. PS/last roster spot if he blows up camp
Houston PS

1 Like

I forgot about Hamilton… before reading that I would say the only guys I think are most likely to make the roster are Anzalone, Board, and Barnes. After that it’s a wide open competition. So throw hamilton in there, but they got a lot of competition. I would say the only true guarantee would be Barnes, everybody else has to win the competition

2 Likes

Isn’t is nice for a change that we can talk about there being some real competition in a position group?

Yep I am beginning to get excited for the future of the Detroit Lions! We actually have a FO that wants to win, and not just give lip service!

3 Likes

I would even say there’s competition as well on DL now… we have a lot of guys, depending how they use them. Off the top of my head J Okwara and Brockers I don’t think are locks. Also too, depending on how R Okwara is recovering from his Achilles… I dunno just throwing this out there but could a trade be in the works for someone down the road?

3 Likes

Well said. I was going through the whole Dline and was thinking the same as you were! Thinking, hmmm depending on Romeo’s recovery, we could possibly have both Okwara brothers on the bubble. Maybe J Omwara might be stepping up in his progression in his sophomore year. And with Brockers having an ehh year last year, he would be as well.

I am just thrilled today, and wanting to enjoy this draft win. Wins are hard to come by lately. lol (depending on cap hits)

2 Likes