Does Davis still make the team?

I think You really gotta consider the contracts. Barnes is obviously not going anywhere. Anzalone has 1.75mil of his 2.25mil salary guaranteed. Board has 1.4mil of his 2mil salary guaranteed. To me, barring catastrophe, those guys are locks.

15 keepers on the front 7, yes?

Hutch, Rokwara, Harris, Paschal, Jokwara
Brockers, Alim, Levi all seem locks to me.
Penisni bubble but probably 9th guy over UDFA and holdovers.

Analzone Barnes Board locks
Hamilton Woods Davis in position over draftees and holdovers.

9 in Secondary seems set with addition Kerby, depth chart TBD in camp

3 Likes

Agree! And the other question mark is Onwuzurike… I think he’s pretty much a lock but they have insurance and are building depth. Harris is another guy too that needs to prove it again.

For some reason I think Penisini is a lock because he does what he does well.

Although the lions do have both Okwara’s listed as OLBs on the roster now

1 Like

Mmmm, now that I think about it, we have 10 DBs for 9 spots…

AO, Okudah, Jacobs Iffy Parker Price
Walker Elliott Kerby Harris

Hmmmm.

1 Like

CJ Moore was guaranteed almost 800k when he resigned. More then likely he makes the team for his special teams value.

Okudah
Amani
Melifonwu
Walker
Joseph

They are locks

Hughes
Jacobs
CJ Moore
Deshon Elliot

They are all highly likely to make the team

A.J. Parker
Will Harris
Bobby Price
Jalen Elliot
Chase Lucas

These guys are probably competing for the last spot. I think we kept 11 DBs last year on opening day so maybe there is two spots, but We have more competition at LBer now.

It’s going to be hard to keep more than 5 LBs. You’re dipping into DB territory to do it. Mike Hughes would be the bubble guy in that scenario, and he’s here on a 3.5 mil deal.

1 Like

MCDC loves Davis. They wanted to keep him last year. I think he makes the team.

Here are the numbers at Week 1 for the past few years:

5 Likes

At least 500 posts about Davis on this board. He better make the team!

1 Like

It would be great if Anzalone and Davis do not make the team. That means someone who is being thrown against the wall is actually sticking.

1 Like

Oh Yeah Win GIF by Jordan Belfort

I agree 5 max an I doubt even 5 is pushing it.

I think both draft picks make it Houston will be like they hoped Davis would have been when the resigned him.
Rodriguez will be to start a ST player an later will become like fast big Safety at times in box.
AZ will have to earn his spot this season. Barnes better show improvement. Woods they like but he likely don’t make it.
I think those who have best change are AZBoard(ST solid) player… Houston…** Barnes** Rodriguez
They would be the 5 this staff will only be in 2 LB maybe One LB sets many many snaps They will carry more secondary than LBs like 5 or 6 Safeties an 6 CBs

I honestly don’t think Davis makes it an I will not be shocked if AZ doesn’t either. If it comes down to a S who really shows up very good in camp an pre season they will keep a new safety,

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.