Does Matthew Stafford make it in the Hall of Fame if he doesn't win a Superbowl?

So it counts when you’re on a good team but it doesn’t when you’re playing for a bad organization?!?!

I’m just asking, I’m not looking to argue with anyone here. I was just looking to see what everyone thought. I honestly don’t have a dog in this fight and honestly don’t really know if he’d be a HOF’er or not at this point.
Good day.

Completely agree. It’s like Hagler, Hearns, and Sugar Ray all peaking at the same time…

1. Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees are all gone or declining
  2. Matt is with a good team, and though he used to be around a #7/8 ranked QB, he’s not gonna easily slip up to top 5 for the rest of his career. He’s going from a top 7, or so…to a top 5 for however long he decides to stick it out (barring injury).
  3. I think the Rams will have deep playoff runs for another 2-3 years.

A lot has to shake down right to get all the way to the SB, with health, officiating, a couple of bounces of a football, etc. I do think Matt will be in deep contention for at least 2 more years…maybe more. He’s HOF…almost slam dunk, to me…especailly after winning this one.

I’m hoping he passes Rodgers on all of the records, especially SB wins!!!

Imagine Stafford had Barry and Calvin at the same time, along with an all world offensive line and defense, and he has Troy Aikman’s success

(Edit: probably more success since Stafford is infinitely more talented than Aikman)

1 Like

Exactly, Montana had a HOF roster around him. Yet Stafford was supposed to succeed with his teams and coaching.

Yr 1 with a real team, good coaching and boom SB, you’d think it would be obvious

2 Likes

Dallas had a very good defense and an all-world O-line as well.
You can’t have Matt, Calvin, and Barry on a team with Ray Roberts and Stephen Peterman blocking for you.

1 Like

Emmitt, Irving, Harper, Novacek, as well. With great coaching.

Yet Stafford is still supposed to succeed?

1 Like

Different era and coverage

Even with records
And offensive records are a bit different now

Stafford spent 12 years not being considered on of the top guys.

Kind of makers season in LA a one year wonder unless they’re willing to re write the past accomplishments
Which will include statistics but not many all pro pro open recognition.

Who is the least pro bowl all pro recognized hall of fame player ?

If he has a good run going forward still putting up lions like stats

But it’s interesting when it’s voted on by the very press that didn’t think he was top 5
In his era.

Isn’t Thst kind of a hall of fame rule too ? It’s the players considered the best and for years staff was seen behind the top guys
And now might be seen behind the top young guys.

He’s got such a big story to write now with the super bowl
I think it could carry a lot of influence.

Do Rams win and he’s the difference ?

2 Likes

Three Super Bowls…nothing more. But if you question Aikman, do you question Dan Fouts??

I loved fouts ! Goat to watch

A guy like that in today’s game would put yo huge huge numbers

1 Like

Fouts was before my time…but my point is not that he’s not deserving…my point is the barometers that are being set for what QB should get in the Hall of Fame are very inconsistent

1 Like

By fans, yes. By pundits, yes. Coaches and players have always held Matt in high regard.

1 Like

Yea
But they don’t vote on the hall of fame.
A guy like Peter king has a vote
And I hardly saw him write about Stafford like that.

Is Matt Ryan a hall of famer ? He already took Atlanta to a super bowl. He’s put up stats with the best of them.

It’ll be interesting to see how Stafford plays out given we saw how ignored he was in Detroit.

1 Like

It’s still heartbreaking to me that a guy I loved as our QB had to be traded for folks to finally see his value!

This franchise sucks

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.