Does the NFL hate the Lions?

nobody said that, but you. Arrogance and judgement under the guise of a football conversation. Let’s keep it to football, eh?

I know what you are thinking, and the answer is no…I am not Canadian.

And the reality is that wins and losses are not only on the QB and trying to justify an opinion based on a team result and blaming 1 player for those results is digging at the bottom of a barrel.

The reality is also that Stafford was having one of his best seasons before he injured his back. The reality is also that the Defense is the reason that the Lions lost if not all of those games the majority of them. But like you said welcome to Lions Fantasy Land.

1 Like

Not sure it is fair to Stafford to count his rookie year coming to the first 0-16 team in history. Stafford went 2-8 that year before getting hurt. Remove that and he is roughly a 500 QB like you stated with the “7 win expectation” but if we consider how he was playing, the winning percentage of the teams we faced the rest of the year, and include the fact that the team almost won multiple of those games with Driskel and Blough at QB I think it is not unreasonable to say that they could have been in the hunt near the end of the season. Defense really failed this year and it needs to be corrected but it is really harsh to look at the 0-8 end to the season without Stafford and say that with Stafford next year that they can’t expect better. The Lions have been terrible before Stafford and have been relatively respectable most years when he is healthy, would he have division titles or playoff wins for a different franchise? I believe he would but ultimately it looks like we will never know, personally if I wasn’t a Lions fan I would like to see him go home to Dallas.

1 Like

I’m not convinced we win a lot more games with Stafford. Probably would have won some, but we are assuming the other teams would just collapse?

For instance, Stafford plays and we score 10 more points against the Bears. What makes you think the Bears don’t just respond and gash our defense the next drive? Sports are unique like that. Teams knowing we are playing junk like Driskell and Blough aren’t going to play the same way they would if we were playing Stafford. They would know they probably need to score more to win, and I kind of think, based on ample evidence, that our defense would comply.

It really does come down to the defense, I am not sure the MP and BQ can fix it but lucky for us we are going to get the opportunity to watch. We either see a train wreck or significant improvement. It should be fun either way…

1 Like

I’m beginning to think your wife has a crush on Stafford. :wink: I kid, I kid

They don’t hate us. NFL is rigged.

1 Like

just money - nothing personal. Do they hate us? No. Do they screw us over for financial gain? Yes!

So it’s rigged cause of money? I bet if we had Rodgers, Brady we would still be at the bottom.

2 Likes

Yup! Very comparable situation. Rodgers has more mobility, but Brady would get murdered here. Rodgers looks very human when pressured, and with no support from the officials, another layer of his greatness comes off.

Conversely, matt goes to NE, he wins lots of SBs! Good for him!

This. I think it may be more accurate to say that nationally the media and most casual fans ‘hate’ the Lions and part of that is the negative reputation of the city of Detroit itself. The NFL is all about as much money as possible so it’s to their benefit to screw Detroit, for example, and keep the glamour teams reputations intact year after year.

2 Likes

Or they could just call a fair game and the best team wins.

Wasn’t thinking that, but the answer was yes.

Fantasy land thinking wins again.

Yup. QBs don’t have any input on who wins a game. The guy handles the ball every offensive play, makes decisions, calls audibles, etc., but he has the same impact on the game as the right guard. It’s that damn right guard that keeps losing the game.
Welcome to Lions fantasy land.

Conspiracy theories. The NFL has to screw the Lions over to stop them from dominating the league. This board is full of loonies.

1 Like

The Qb can not make the WR catch the ball. The QB can not make the RB break tackles, or hit the right gap, or pick upi the blitz. The QB can not make the OL block correctly. The QB can not make the defense do their job. Jus tbecause he touches the ball every offensive play doesnt mean he is solely responsible for the loss.

It’s never Matt’s fault ever. The guy has never made a bad play in his career. One good player and the rest are all garbage. It’s amazing he has done as much as he has done without ever having a good player.

I didnt say he hasnt made bad choices or had a bad play. Im saying you cant just blame Stafford for a loss. A loss or a win isnt based solely on how the QB plays.

You are trying to rationalize with someone that wants conflict, brother. The internet tough-guy is trying to flame bait you. Probably best to ignore. He knows what he is doing. He’s not talking football, he’s telling everyone that disagrees with him they’re an idiot, because his opinions matter more.

If you are looking for football discussion, I’d look elsewhere.

Yea youre probably right. I thought it was a pretty irrational thing to say. Dammit i put my whiskey down for this. lol

1 Like