Down to earth expectations after lastnight

I agree with that, UNLESS Jamo becomes a stud like Olave and Garrett Wilson, the two guys he was drafted right after. And I absolutely believe that’s still within his range of outcomes, he hasn’t hardly gotten to play yet.

4 Likes

I agree with this statement to an extent.

We need more from our WR’s and until we have WR that can win on the perimeter our offense will be easier to defend. I still have hope MJ and JW can solve this problem but I think we need another outside WR

2 Likes

Here’s what’s encouraging to me. I don’t think the Lions looked sharp at all. They got by on grit and determination as well as a little luck at the end but I thought their execution especially offensively was way off at times and there were some miscommunication issues in the secondary.

Kansas City wasn’t sharp either but I think it’s encouraging that the Lions went into a hostile environment against a good team (even without two key players) and won with a game that was far from their best game.

@Tcmouse I agree about the receivers as they currently stand. I voiced this concern in the offseason and even moreso after Week 1 but a lot will be Jamo dependent. If he becomes what he’s capable of being, that opens up the offense a ton and makes them all the more dangerous. He’s THE big X Factor this season. I think they can be a pretty good offense without him being a significant contributor but he can potentially make them an elite offense.

4 Likes

Jamo can be that guy I agree , but will be ? I’m hoping but I think Jamo needs more time. That’s why we need to keep doing what we did at KC, win when we have the opportunity.

Jamo on suspension:
In Trouble Vice GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

A player I thought we might use in the passing game more this year was Mitchell. He barely got on the field vs the Chiefs. Caught all 12 of his targets last year, made some plays in preseason too.

2 Likes

We will win at least 4 without JaMoss and become exponentially more dangerous when he comes back.

Strange to me that you think we can’t compete with Dallas 3 days after we beat KC in their own house.

1 Like

I also feel like you guys aren’t factoring Gibby in at all.

Wait’n’see boys.

Johnson is far ahead of ya

1 Like

Well I watch the game and we really wasn’t that good on offense we made enough plays to win, but if that was a healthy team it might have been different . I think we’re behind teams like KC, Bills, Dallas, 49ers and that’s mainly because of our WRs in my book. This offense looks about like it did last year with out Chark. This offense took the next step with him and Goff on same page. It took a step back when we didn’t replace that present. The team that went on that 8 game win streak was a team ready to compete with anyone. The defense looks to have taken a step forward so that will help some. But offense will be hit and miss .

1 Like

Rest of this decade, Debbie Downer…

1 Like

JaMoss annnnd Gibby.

We were awesome last year without JaMoss too. I think Gibbs will compensate for a ton as well.

We didn’t play well at all vs KC. TIP of the iceberg boys. Just the tip.

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Yuuup. I’m expecting improved run game (RBs and OL both improved).

I think JaMoss will be better than charm too.

Defense has improved, as you say.
Lots of the NFL sloppy Her little bit just the tip baby

6n2lcc

Your right.

Jah will bring plenty to the short passing game but he is too small to be a legitimate factor on the outside.

You need a big physical WR who can fight for the ball out there. We’re lacking that.

1 Like

Versatile TEs may help.

My guess is that Ben has a plan.

1 Like

One thing I don’t hear much is how the Lions offensive line just sorta took over in the 4th quarter last week. If you rewatch the 4th, it was all about the Lions smash mouthing the Chiefs. Only Ragnow’s failure to snap stopped one of the drives and they nearly did it in four downs. They owned the Chiefs DLine on the ground.

Sure, the Chiefs didn’t have Chris Jones and that matters. But I don’t think the Seahawks are built to stop the run and they don’t have a Chris Jones. Dramont ain’t half bad, but I think we’ll be able to run on them.

1 Like

I see my record prediction of 13-4 was very conservative, like too conservative. I’ll be disappointed with anything less than 15-2.

2 Likes

They could use him the way the Dolphins use Waddle or the Seahawks use Lockett. There are ways to scheme the smaller guys open on the outside, as long as they are quick enough to avoid the jam at the line of scrimmage. Or you can line them up deeper/have them come in motion.

In general I agree though, it’s hard to live out there for a smaller guy. But our advantage is we don’t need him to live out there. Just be enough of a threat periodically.

Just to double check, you are talking about the Lions that play in Detroit correct!? :smiley:

I thought Josh Reynolds might have been the MVP of the game. He played his ass off. This is not to say I disagree with you. But at least he came through for us.

2 Likes