Duce Staley leaving Lions

2 Likes

Damn. I don’t blame him I guess, it really didn’t seem like he was ever gonna have a chance to be OC. And he probably has a good relationship with Reich from their days together in Philly. Still sucks to lose him.

5 Likes

that sucks. he brought a lot of energy to the room. do we get a comp pick for this?

1 Like

Has to be for OC role right?

2 Likes

No. He’s not going to be a HC or GM.

1 Like

Plus he’s from the Carolinas and went to school there.

1 Like

Wonder in what role? Seems odd that wouldnt be part of the announcement.

It’s not official, just a scoop I think.

Very interesting… I wonder what role he will fill and also if he saw the writing on the wall for the lions promoting Johnson or someone else to an assistant HC title…

2 Likes

Tanner? Could be why the Lions just hired a new TE coach.

6 Likes

Yeah for sure a possibility too

1 Like

Duce would be the coach I would of chosen to let go if I had to. His approach is the kind that players either love or turns them off.

8 Likes

I agree 100%….

1 Like

I wonder what the benefit is he sees going from Detroit to Carolina, or going from DC to Frank Reich, along with what role he will play for Reich. Just wondering what different opportunity it is he’s looking for, or what different opportunity the lions want to give to someone else?

2 Likes

Just saw the Duce news pop up on my phone. I don’t think it’s THAT big a deal but I wonder why he would leave the Lions for another opportunity unless he’s promoted to offensive coordinator or something.

Edit: It seems like it’s for family reasons as well. Understandable and good luck to him.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I think the players will miss the energy Duce and Glenn brought during practice. Jamaal was talking about how that motivated him to push himself and got the players talking trash and getting competitive as well.

4 Likes

This was exactly my line of thinking

3 Likes

That makes a ton of sense… sorry to hear about his mom

4 Likes