Duce Staley leaving Lions

Agree… interesting to see how this shakes out and how they reshuffle the staff.

2 Likes

Carolina’s really starting to piss me off.

Released Baker allowing him to screw us from LA.
Beat us which in the end knocked us out of the playoffs.
Tried to hire Ben Johnson away from us.
Did hire Duce away.
And if we lose Jamaal because of it, well they’re moving way up my shit list. Probably behind only the other NFCN teams.

11 Likes

Agreed, screw Carolina, hopefully Reich doesn’t take any more of our coaches.

5 Likes

and largely because they ■■■■■■ with the field conditions

3 Likes

Side note regarding our running game… how much of JWill’s success was due to Johnson, Staley, or Fraley? I’m sure it’s a combination of all of them… but I feel like JWill is the prototypical Staley RB… pass blocks, run blocks, hits his holes, etc. I’m sure Staley had an influence but I wonder how much of Johnson’s offense helped the RBs succeed.

And also too our running game wasn’t great year round… definitely hit some pitfalls… but overall they were able to establish the run

1 Like

I think there is an opportunity here for Ben Johnson to take on some of Duce’s assistant HC duties and get a better feel for the duties of a head coach and in turn allow Tanner to take over some of BJ’s responsibilities to allow him grow into a potential OC once Ben leaves.

8 Likes

Lol another side note…on 97.1 Valenti is talking and ranting about taking a backup QB and saying it’s stupid. Basically called out jim Costa who has been saying draft a QB… as he should. I mean we take a qb in the 5th great… otherwise…

For the love of all that is holy I hate this time of the off-season. It’s a bunch of diarrhea being thrown about

1 Like

Yea, I’m sure the coaches all played an important role in it. Also, when you have invested 3 first round picks on your O-line in Decker, Ragnow and Sewell, you better be able to run the ball behind that talent.

2 Likes

100%

1 Like

Jim Bob in as OC?

2 Likes

Crap! It’s true. The Lions agreed to it because it is closer to his (Staley’s) dying mother.
Duece will be their Asst HC/RB coach, same as here, possibly OC, too.
Dammit! I hope they have Jamaals deal done.

2 Likes

First they take a Duce, now a Cooter.

What’s next? Are they going to steal secondary coach Brian Duker!?

6 Likes

I think the evidence suggests Duce. Fraley’s been here. How did those run games look? BJ had been the passing game coordinator and then OC. This opens a hole on the coaches roster that has to be filled, IMO, and it’s not likely from within.

2 Likes

Duce also arrived the same year as this stud.

Football Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

4 Likes

LOL

Need to post that every time you make a point. :rofl:

4 Likes

There goes a damn good running back coach.

4 Likes

That is a good point, how long has Fraley been OL coach? I know Patricia hired him… but I don’t think it was for that long?

Not at all saying Staley didn’t help our run game, I believe he had a huge influence on it. I wonder what they plan on doing to supplement/replace him

1 Like

My love for Sewell is pretty strong! How any one of you has a favorite player that isn’t Sewell I have no idea how that’s possible.

6 Likes

Yeah man I gotta agree with you there. He is a top 3 current Lion and if he keeps it up, an all time player. He’s a ■■■■■■■ beast

3 Likes

Who do you think they have planned to replace him? I’m assuming they knew this was coming

2 Likes