“Dude’s got some nuts on him, bro”

Penei Sewell’s remark about Dan Campbell sums up how this team has bought into his mindset. No false bravado just a genuine toughness with a “gunslinger’s psyche”. It is apparent the players love playing for him; it can’t be overstated how important that relationship is to a team’s success. Sewell’s ending remark “love him” sums it up!

7 Likes
4 Likes

A little more detail:

5 Likes

Another classic!!

20 Likes

One other thing I haven’t seen mentioned:

The presence of mind that Sewell had, after catching the ball, to get down without going out of bounds and keeping the clock running. Some guys who catch balls for a living don’t get that right.

7 Likes

“Man, gutsy,” Moore said after the game. “And it just shows how much confidence he has in us and when he when the call came in, I’m like, ‘Fourth-and-8, fourth-and-7, shit. All right, let’s go.’ So yeah, it just shows how gutsy he is and how much he believes in us, so we’re appreciative of that.”

Asked how he would describe the trust Campbell puts in his players, Moore said, "Man, just major nuts. Major. Nah, but it’s gutsy, and we love a guy like that, and Coach Dan, we love that he believes in us to be able to execute that play and get the job done.

“Big shoutout to Coach Dan.”

9 Likes

Sewell said that Goff told him in the huddle to stay in bounds and get down after the 1st. Dan said after the game he told Sewell to stay in bounds during the week

2 Likes

Good coaching and good reminder by Goff.

5 Likes

Campbell’s nuts need a nickname.

1 Like

11 Likes

You can see how much this team respects Campbell and lvoes playing for him. I honestly expect other players to take notice and we may actually have FA’s wanting to come here. How awesome would it be to get a solid starter for pennies on the dollar because he loves this culture and wants to come here to win.

4 Likes

Think of how that game could have played out if the fake punt was stopped short of a first down. The Viking were prepared and had players in decent positions to stop it. Dan’s nuts would have been roasted on an open fire if that didn’t work.

3 Likes

One of the Vikings outside defenders covering the gunner reportedly read the fake properly, but the play was so well blocked, there wasn’t anything he could do to stop it.

1 Like

Moore was able to cut it up early because of the blocking. You can see on the replay (or the slowlights) that the defender sees the play, comes off the gunner, and is in position for the tackle. I saw it live and was thinking, “oh no”. And then the inside pursuit gets sealed, he turns upfield, and he’s just gone.

3 Likes

Nuts in the wheelbarrow is awesome. Nice find.

3 Likes

Campbell has huge Marbles!!!

2 Likes

That would have to be a big fire but you’re right.

Knut Caps

1 Like

Ive never criticize it - because I LOVE it & always have.
He’s teaching them to be the same way.
Toughnes backed by faith = MORE toughness.
…you get 53 guys + coaches & practice squad thinking like that…amplifies it even more.

We are a handful for any team.
We can compete with anyone.
I would not be remotely surprised to see these guys in the SB very, very soon

2 Likes