Dumb Trade Rumors as seen on the Internet

An MSU vs UofM rivalry thing inspired a comparison of the best QB ever to play the game…. to a guy that is 1-3 in the playoffs… after 7 seasons as a full time starter?

Michael Sheen Nod GIF by Brad's Status

Remember when Brady won a Super Bowl with his 3rd down back leading the team in receiving yards… because his #1 WR was a slot guy?

1 Like

How many games did Stafford win in the playoffs before this year? Its a team sport, but i wouldn’t trade for cousins any way.

1 Like

Remember when Brady won a Super Bowl with only 90 yards passing for the entire game until the final drive?

1 Like

Goff out dueled Mahomes in this game. Must mean Goff > Mahomes right? I watched that game live and that Was one of the best performances by a QB EVER. Goff displayed exactly why he was the #1 overall pick in the draft in that game. One game does not make a career though.

Once again show me one credible source who has Goff better then Cousins in 2022. He’ll show me one source at all.

Once again I’m not a Cousins supporter. Not really a big fan of him. I just think it is beyond ridiculous that people think Goff is better.

1 Like

Literally the first three articles I clicked.

1 Like

they all “literally” looked at stats… which as mentioned already… is an :apple: to :tangerine: argument for Goff and Cousins in 2021.

Think about this one.

Goff won a playoff game in 2020…. but that wasn’t good enough to keep his job with Rams.

Cousins has 1 career playoff win… after 7 seasons as a starter… and 10 years in the NFL.

1 Like

Maybe he needs to go to LA.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

1 Like

So you have not only compared Kirk Cousins to Matt Stafford, but have doubled down on it by comparing Kirk Cousins to Patrick Mahomes?

Does Kirk Cousins have more than “1 game”???

Happy Kenan Thompson GIF

You still have produced no national writer who thinks Goff is better than Cousins. I guarantee you Mcvay would have gladly traded Goff for Cousins if he didn’t have the chance at stafford. Cousins>Goff.

Speaking of McVay… and when he traded away the so-called “turnover machine” Goff.

Goff threw 13 INTs and lost 4 fumbles in 2020.
Cousins threw 13 INTs and lost 5 fumbles in 2020.

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

1 Like

I guarantee you are wrong.

6 Likes

In 2022, Goff threw the ball out of bounds, even on 4th down, instead of throwing to humans. His deep routes were 4 yards. Solved a lot of the pick problem…but then he fumbled every time someone gave him a dirty look. So frustrating.

I guarantee you Stafford is more handsome than either one of them.

1 Like

Diggs plays for Bills

“Cousins has had”…… indicates past tense my friend.

We have a QB, we need defense, defense, defense…

1 Like

Where am I comparing Cousins to either one of these guys. You are saying that since Goff had a better game then Cousins when the two played 3-4 years ago that Goff is somehow better. Once again show me someone with some credibility how has that same opinion. You can’t.

1 Like

Kirk Cousins gave Sean McVay a signed jersey that says ‘I owe you my career’

Cameron DaSilva

September 14, 2017 11:23 am PT

The relationship between a coach and his quarterback is crucial – more so than just about every other relationship in sports. A quarterback has to be confident in his coach’s ability to put him in a position to succeed, and a coach has to believe his signal-caller can execute a game plan.

When it comes to Sean McVay and Kirk Cousins, their partnership was as strong as any in the NFL. McVay, the former offensive coordinator for the Redskins and current head coach of the Rams, helped turn Cousins into a Pro Bowl quarterback in a matter of a few years.

Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

He was an integral part of Cousins receiving the franchise tag in back-to-back years, earning the quarterback a substantial amount of money. If not for McVay, there’s no telling where Cousins would be at this point in his career – and it’s the reason Kirk has such an appreciation for McVay.

“This is the first year in the NFL that I’ve not been able to work with him because he’s been on the staff every year of my career with the Redskins,” Cousins said on a conference call Wednesday. “I have a lot of respect for him and am grateful for the role that he played, which is a very large role in my development.”

When McVay was hired by the Rams, Cousins paid him a token of respect by signing a jersey for him. It read, “I owe you my career.” McVay has it hanging in the theater room of his home in California, saying “it’s probably the most special thing” hanging up.

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

“It was cool, man,” McVay told Albert Breer of the MMQB. “It’s as special as anything I’ve ever gotten from a player. It says, ‘I owe you my career.’ Which … Certainly, I can say the same thing to him. There’s a mutual respect there, and an appreciation for the relationship we had, and I think it was unique that both of us got the chances we got.”

The two will square off for the first time on Sunday when the Redskins pay the Rams a visit at the Coliseum. Los Angeles currently sits at 1-0 after a decisive win over the Colts in Week 1, while the Redskins are 0-1 following a disappointing defeat at the hands of the Eagles.

All eyes will be on the many ties between McVay, Cousins and Redskins head coach Jay Gruden with each trying to earn a crucial Week 2 win.

If Goff was still with the Rams stinking it up, nobody here would fuss about the argument that Cousins> Goff, but since he is now our QB, people can’t see it objectively. That’s really what it comes down to.