Dumb Trade Rumors as seen on the Internet

Of the NFL QBs, Cousins is most like Goff, IMO.
Very similar in terms of what they can bring to your team.
Vikings have had a really nice roster for stretches, and have helped Cousins to look really solid. Still not winning anything meaningful though.

Our coaches are better than those viking teams.
Our culture is better. We will still win a playoff game or two. it won’t be Goff’s fault, but the rest of the team will rally around him.

Other teams rally around their QB if the QB has a bad game. Happens w/every QB. That said, Goff isn’t the guy to put the team on his back if needed. I wold love to have that, if we can.

I truly believe we have SB caliber coaches. QB is literally my only concern.

1 Like

The only reason McVay didn’t sign Kirk Cousins when he was a FA is because the previous regime had just drafted Goff #1 overall.

You really think McVay would not take Cousins over Goff?

1 Like

I too don’t think they are drastically far off from each other. When you factor salary, and age, I would prefer to have Goff. Goff may even be able to put himself in that conversation if he can have a strong year this year.

As of right now though, there is no credible argument that can be made that Goff is better then Cousins.

1 Like

Sounds about right.

I am so lost right now? What are you trying to say? I never compared Cousins to those guys. I was sarcastically mocking your logic that Goff had a better game then Cousins one year which means Goff is better. Cousins is a top 10-15 QB in the NFL. Goff is top 15-20. Cousins is clearly better. When you factor age and money into the equation, I’d rather stick with Goff. Goff is 6 years younger, signed for three seasons instead of one, and Cousins would count an extra 20mil against our cap if we swapped QB’s.

Honestly not sure where your trying to go with this? At this point just feels like your trolling.

LOL. This reminds me of many of the trades I see floated here to acquire the Giants or Eagles picks.

I tend to agree. Goff is getting overrated because he plays with us now and because he finished the season red hot. And Cousins gets underrated because he plays for a divisional rival, played for MSU, and hasn’t come up big in big games (sounds like M. Stafford doesn’t it?). That said, QBs have different career paths, some are great from day 1, some like Stafford don’t hit their prime for many years, and some have a hillier path. Lets hope Goff fits into that 3rd category, because he started out hot with the Rams and got worse, but he looked pretty good behind our line at the end of the year.

1 Like

Goff is overrated…LOL. OK

He went to the school that people dont like.

I don’t know about that. I personally think Hutchinson takes a lot of crap because he played at Michigan. You take that same guy and put him on Georgia or Alabama and I bet everyone wants him bad. It’s a loser mentality. A mentality that anyone who plays locally can’t be as good as an SEC guy. Sure Brady is immune to that. But 7 rings will make you immune to anything.

Definitely not by the media, he is actually underrated by them, IMO. The majority of lists view Goff in the bottom 10 of starting QB’s.

By some of this board though, absolutely. If anyone on this board has him as a borderline top 10 QB, they are clearly overvaluing him. He had two below average years with the Rams and an absolutely horrendous first half of the year. He played very well to close out the year, but 5 games don’t make a season. Just look at the Superbowl run by Nick Foles or Joe Flacco.

I like Hutch. I just don’t think anyone is a top 3 pick this year . But some hate the guy because he went to other school. Cousins number are really good, yes great wr , but shitting oline and a bad defense. I think Goff and Cousins are tier 2 qbs in the NFL.

I don’t think this is the most top heavy draft, although I find it very deep. But I think that gets overplayed again based on decades of Lions failure. We pick atop the draft often and sometimes its like the Stafford draft (which sucked IMO and Stafford was really picked for his raw talents which ended up being the right call) and we got Calvin and Suh who would both easily go 1st in this draft. But you don’t always have guys like that. I mean T. Lawrence was super hyped and he was the worst starting QB in the league last year and I sure don’t expect him to ever live up to that draft position. Others think he will, but I highly doubt it.

1 Like

Goff +12M in cap space + 2OA is better than Cousins.

My best friend is a jags fan. He thinks they should take Hutch, but the right move is giving Trevor some help.

He ever say what the Jag fans feel are their pressing needs?

Could be. I have to say I’m unimpressed with Neal. Every time I watch Alabama their QB is running for his life and getting the crap beat out of him. I realize Neal is but 1 guy on a line but how do you judge him when the entire line is just getting destroyed.

I think most want Hutchinson

I like the kid from NC State better

Me too. Ekwonu appears to be the better athlete. A bit raw but technique can be taught. He’s actually my preferred pick if Hutch is off the board.