Dwayne Haskins Dead at 24

Just awful.
Only the good die young.

I absolutely could not believe this news when I saw it pop up on my phone. Unbelievable. I legitimately sat speechless for about 5 minutes. I’m still just in shock. Can’t focus on anything really.

Unbelievably heartbroken and sending prayers out to his family. I just can’t believe the guy I watched win the Rose Bowl just 4 years ago isn’t with us anymore.

3 Likes

Oh, and Adam Schefter can eat shit. Fuck that guy.

1 Like

Horrible news. RIP young man.

A friend just texted me the news. So tragic especially when it happens to somebody so.young with their entire life ahead of them. Don’t know what else to say, just really sad.

What did he say!?

He deleted. But not really smart to say

Time and place, Schefty.

Miami media reporting Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a 24 yr old man struck and killed by a dump truck in a westbound lane of interstate I-595 at 630am Saturday morning.

Yeah, unfortunately, there may be a story here. Looks like he was trying to cross an interstate on foot in the dark as per FHP.

Ive been on that road at its terminus near the cruise ports…its not a party party area…not sure where on 595 it happened, maybe farther west. Ugh.

1 Like

Schefter needs to be fired for that. What an asshole.

And this isn’t the first time he’s done this if I remember correctly.

Fired?

I don’t think so.

1 Like

He shouldn’t be fired. He should tweet an apology.

It’s too bad Twitter wasn’t around in the early 60’s.

“John F. Kennedy, a man who struggled with adultery despite becoming President of the United States, was shot and killed today.”

6 Likes

The dump truck driver might be the one who deserves the sympathy.

1 Like

You’re onto something here.

1 Like

Why not both? Even if he was inebriated it’s still incredibly tragic and deserving of sympathy.

3 Likes

Shocked and saddened to hear this news.

If anyone knows FL, crossing I-595 on foot would be like crossing I-75 (in metro Detroit area) on foot. Can’t help but wonder what the hell was going on.

4 Likes

I don’t really think he struggled at it, he was probably pretty excellent.

5 Likes

Rumor is he had a special move. He thrusted back and to the left, back and to the left.

2 Likes

It is tragic and sad. A shame that Haskins was killed.

2 Likes

I-595 is literally an extension of I-75 into Fort Lauderdale that takes you straight to the airport.

Maybe he ran out of gas? We’ll find out eventually.

1 Like