Dwayne Haskins Dead at 24

True that! I was just trying to think of a similar stretch of road in MI.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve seen somewhere.

It was a douchebag tweet no doubt, but firing people for a tweet isn’t the answer.

RIP Haskins.

3 Likes

Sign him up for some sensitivity training. I bet he won’t make that mistake again.

1 Like

I once ran out of gas on the Southfield Freeway driving into work. This was a long time ago when I was in my early 20s, probably even younger than Haskins. In the winter no less. Luckily I was able to coast my car almost to the exit ramp and I stopped it there. I just had to walk up the exit ramp and there was a gas station right there. But it was really cold and filling the car on the side of freeway was dangerous. I never let that happen again. Those old cars, I had a 67 Mustang Convertible, when they said empty, they weren’t kidding.

4 Likes

In fairness JFK didn’t struggle with adultery, he excelled at it….

4 Likes

Beat me to it wease

1 Like

That sucks! So young. So much promise.
Terrible loss. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and team.

1 Like

When I was in college we had a classmate who was bar hopping and got so drunk she wandered off from her friends. She ended up stumbling over some train tracks and getting hit by a train. The fact that she was drunk and having fun that night changes absolutely nothing about how tragic it was, or the sympathy we had for her and her family. Its strange to me to see it otherwise.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t fire him. But espn has a bunch a dumb pricks working at that station

2 Likes

Such sad news when these things happen. Hug your kids, kiss your significant other, say kind good byes, another chance is never promised.to us when we go to sleep or walk out that door. Rest in peace D.H.

8 Likes

First, I’m sad for Dwayne’s family and his OSU fans here among us.

Next, I can understand people reacting to Schefty’s tweet, but I can also see it as a valid description that tried to capture Dwayne’s career and summarize it efficiently in a tweet. It’s not a commentary on his ability so much as it describes where he’s been as a player.

5 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Way too damn young.

He’s driving the dump truck to the job site, like he does every morning. Only this morning a man is walking on the freeway. He hits the man, killing him.

I feel bad for the guy.

4 Likes

Ford Motor Company Reaction GIF by Ford

Reminds me of the song “Dirty Laundry”
Kick em when their up
Kick em when their down
Kick em when their stiff
Kick em all around

Sounds like Haskins made a foolish decision
Bad way to end it …

Get the widow on the set.

I wonder if someone on Adam’s Twitter team got a reprimand. With pages like his you never know who is authoring the tweets.

1 Like

So true. I know ppl far less known than him that don’t handle their own accounts. I know I won’t be, as soon as I feel the Time is right to outsource.

1 Like

Whoever thinks Schefter should be fired for tweeting something insensitive, but accurate, can go cry themselves to sleep in their safe space bubble until their snowflake tears drown them… Seriously, do it.

2 Likes