Dwayne Haskins Dead at 24

This is a tragedy. But what is going on with this story. He was jogging down a highway at 6 am and got hit by a dump truck?

Crazy…. Prayers to all effected…

Like Big said: say I love and mean daily…. Show it daily and to all….

1 Like

I have no idea if this is a reliable source…

Haskins was driving to the airport

Early, unverified reports suggest Dwayne Haskins was driving to the airport to return to Pittsburgh when his car ran out of gas. There is no mention as to why he didn’t use his cellphone to call roadside assistance, but he reportedly stepped out of his car to cross the road looking for help.

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/2022/04/09/6251b7d5268e3e09268b4618.html

1 Like

I heard today that you can call 911 in the event of running out of gas or getting a flat and they will come out and help you. Just what I heard on 97.1 today but someone called in and said that… don’t know how true that is or how that works in different states.

Once again, above all prayers to him and his family as well as the driver who hit him. Just a sad tragic situation.

I’m assuming that’s a rental car which they usually give you a full tank of gas. He must have been doing a lot of driving around. It’s a sad story. I have kids and that pain must be immense for those parents.

1 Like

RIP Dwayne. This world is a crazy place and none of us knows what the next ten minutes may bring. As others have said, tell your loved ones that you love them and if it’s hard to say those words then at least show them that you love them. Also, let the pettiness go. Even if we all lived to be a hundred, life is too short.

1 Like

Check out what Gil Brandt said. Old man is a dick.

With Big Ben gone in Pittsburgh, and the Steelers signing Tribisky to a short-term deal, you gotta wonder if the kid was going to get another shot. He was still very young.

I don’t know the full context of the conversation, but that sounds like Gil was going along the same lines as people who say “he had so much life in front of him to live.” Which included getting another shot at being a starter in the NFL…since the franchise QB retired and the guy that is apparently in front of him only has a short term deal.

That’s how I take it. And if that is the context of what he was saying, I don’t put it in the same category as the stunt Shefter pulled.

1 Like

Brandt said Haskins was living to die then brought up not staying in school as an example.

Brandt is 90 years old. Whoever is continuing to push him out there to media outlets at this point needs to stop.

Gil Brandt has suffered enough cognitive decline that he might run for President. I don’t know if you can really hold it against him. He shouldn’t be on the radio at all.

6 Likes

Wtf!!! That is really awful to say.

Ho-lee-■■■■!

fail old man GIF

1 Like

To Live is To Die is an awesome Metallica song. And then they came out with that black album monstrosity. Nothing Else Matters :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Love this rendition of that song!
Here’s some glorious feminine energy for ya…

This song is a beautiful 9 minute instrumental masterpiece in tribute to their fallen bassist Cliff Burton. They had way too much talent to sellout, but they did virtually overnight.

1 Like

I was 17, when I attended the “And Justice For All” tour in Val Du Lakes, Michigan!

Word.

3 Likes

“And Justice for All” was the first cassette tape I ever “bought” on my own. I put “bought” in quotes because I was so young my mom had to buy it for me, but I picked it out. Any other tape I had at the time were ones I borrowed from my brother. My mom had no clue what she was buying.

ONE is in my top 5 favorite songs of all time. Anyone into metal should check out the movie Metal Lords. Its silly but worth the 90 or so minutes you will spend watching it.

3 Likes

I think the first tape I ever owned was J. Giles Band “Freeze Frame”.

My Aunt Rhonda got me into her music. I was a really little dude. I wanna say like 4th grader, maybe?

2 Likes

My first record, I think was a 45 of Chicago’s Baby What a Big Surprise.
I think my first cassette might have been Megadeth’s Peace Sells… not sure on that.
My first CD was definitely Iron Maiden’s Powerslave. I remember that well. I still have it too.

2 Likes