Eagles Close To Trading Wentz

Any chance if the Eagles move Wentz they make a play for DeShaun Watson? If they get a first for him. They use the #6 pick, the first they get for Wentz and put a package together?

What is insane is, if the Eagles didn’t give Wentz a new contract, he would have just finished his 5th year option and would have earned $49.5M through his first five years in the league. Since the Eagles gave Wentz an extension on 06/10/2019, he has been paid $79M through five years. That’s pretty much a $30M mistake.

1 Like

The Eagles had both Wentz and Goff? :astonished:

1 Like

If people would only go by what I meant to say, instead of what I actually say. :rofl: :grin: :rofl:

3 Likes

The only way wentz is dealt, Philly has to give up 3 1st rd picks

2 Likes

OMG. Two firsts for Carson Wentz? I said in another thread I didn’t see anyway that was happening especially from what I’ve seen from him the last couple years(not to mention getting outplayed by Foles by a wide margin). The Bears are that desperate? Didn’t see that coming tbh.

Never understood the Wentz hype… People were putting him in their top 5-10 based off of very limited tape early in his career. Dude is not a great QB… He’s got the physical attributes to be elite, but I don’t think he’s mentally tough. Especially after his stunt this year with the relationship between he and Doug Peterson being “fractured beyond repair”… At least Goff/McVay and Stafford/Lions were professional, Wentz comes off as a cry baby

We … we just gonna ignore what’s happening in this photo?

I raised you guys better than this.

Honest question: Would you rather have Carson Wentz or Jared Goff? I’d give the slight edge to Goff. Ever so slight. But Goff was also a “toss in” on the Stafford trade - so what does that make Carson’s value? Are the Eagles received 2 first round picks? Or giving?

All I’ve heard from the media is that getting rid of Jared Goff’s contract is worth giving up a first round pick to get out from underneath it. Then how much can Carson Wentz be worth?

Gosh I hope the Bears make some stupid move and trade the farm for Wentz. That would be amazing.

1 Like

Sorry bruh I couldn’t resist… :rofl:

1 Like

I would not. The contract we would inherit would be slightly more onerous. I also think Goff has better arm talent and there are no questions about him being a good teammate or a competitor.

I’ve seen Foles, Cohen, and a 1st for Wentz. Talk about overpay.

Not officially, just a rumor.

Poor Foles lol

That’s not that bad. Pick 20, a scar back coming off an ACK and an extremely high paid backup that got hot at the right time once. Seems about right to me.

Nah. He’s a God in that city and he might get to start. They’ll be terrible and all.

Although … they’ll have good systems. :laughing:

I feel bad he’s tossed around like the village whore… This would be, what, his 3rd time going to Philly? Crazy… Also, switching teams 3 times in 3 years is no fun, especially when you lost the starting job to a younger player every time

1 Like

Carson Wentz The THOT ?? Come on Bears Ya know ya want him . :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Philly will roll with Hurts. He lit it up down the stretch with no training camp, no OTAs, not much of a run game and garbage weapons. Past two drafts they took Reagor over Justin Jefferson and Arcega-Whiteside over DK Metcalf ! Now THAT Hurts.
Pun intended

1 Like

He lit it up the first two games, not so much the last two. If you stop him from running, he doesn’t have the passing talent to overcome it.

No way they announce a trade on Superbowl Sunday. Probably embargoed for the last few days and will be announced tomorrow or Tuesday.