Eagles Close To Trading Wentz

The Bears are so close with that defense but they make horrible qb decisions. Is Wentz better than Trubisky? I don’t think so.

They have a very bad case of Quinnitis - smartest man in the room syndrome!

1 Like

Their defense is good, but not what it was 2 years ago with Fangio there. They were outside the top 10 in points and yards in 2020

Brandin Cooks got traded 3 times in a 4 year span, and has played for 4 different teams in the last 5 years. I didn’t even notice it until I looked him up to see about trading for him so Goff would have one of his old weapons back.

That’s interesting too… He’s a 1000 yard receiver that’s good for 6-8 TDs a year, why is he always on the move? Foles I can understand being moved around, there’s only 1 QB playing, he’s okay enough to win some games with if your team is good, but you’d like to upgrade over him if possible.

Watkins is more likely, though who knows what he’ll cost. Actually Josh Reynolds is the most likely, but meh.

Give me Keelan Cole over Josh Reynolds.

I also wonder if Dorsey’s presence makes OBJ a possibility. I think the Browns have to think about moving him given how much better Baker played once he was out.

Cole will be 30 years old 2 years into his next contract.

I would love to find a way to get OBJ here, but I’m not sure what the cost would be.

I think Foles only makes 4M, so between Hurts and Foles, Philly won’t have much invested in QB. If this trade happens, it will be interesting to see if they go QB in the draft, with our luck they just might, since they won’t have much money in the QB position. You could cut Foles and let two youngsters fight it out.

Do you think he’s going to get a big deal? I was thinking 5-6m per

I am thinking $9M is the starting point.

Oof. Don’t think I’d do that. Maybe I’m just once again underestimating the WR FA market.

Found it lol worthy…

This is good news for the Lions of course. Would the Eagles draft a QB at 6 with Hurts and Wentz on the team? This is worse than Sirianni’s press conference.

OBJ is going to be 30 i think doubt browns let him go for at least another year unless they need cap room they get like 14 to 15 million cap gain if they let him go…I think they keep him at least one more year unless his health is bad

Beckham has injury guarantees in 2020 and 2021 which vest on the third day of the respective league year. So he is covered for this year an i just feel they keep him one more year.

Possibly misguided: Trading two firsts, a third and a starting QB for a 33-year-old, recently oft-injured Matthew Stafford.

Batshit insane: Trading two firsts, a starting-caliber QB and anything else for Carson Wentz.

2 Likes

That’s good, lol

You mean the Groucho Marx/Borat elf-on-a-shelf? I noticed it, and I like this guy’s style.

Any team that trades for Wentz would essentially be taking on a two-year contract with $47.4 million guaranteed. If a team views Wentz as a top-15 quarterback, that’s not a bad deal. From the Eagles’ perspective, they would be accepting the biggest dead-money hit ($33.8 million) in NFL history. But Wentz would be off their books in 2022.

Matts deal was almost a push as far as $, this is a big deal for both the Eagles an whoever trades for him. I think it will not come close to Matts deal it will be a lot less.

1 Like

I was reading about how the Lions took on Goff’s “inflated” contract in their trade and what that meant with re to the Wentz situation. The truth is we did just fine because the Rams are on the hook for part of that this year and that contract will be right around middle of the pack for starters in 2022. Trying to go by what the Lions did to make a deal going forward is a losing proposition because our trade was unique, I can’t ever remember 2 teams trading their starting QB’s to each other and I doubt that we ever see it again. The Eagles HAVE to take into consideration that whatever deal they make that dead money cap hit needs to be accounted for with re to compensation. Teams looking to trade for Wentz aren’t going to be looking at it the same way, there is a lot to overcome. What about Wentz the player? In 12 games last year he was 3-8-1, had a 57.4% comp rate and had 16 TD’s and 15 int’s. Listening to some posters here we were forced to take on Goff. FORCED to take a guy with a 67% comp rate who was 9-6 and had 29 TD’s to 13 ints. The Stafford trade didn’t set the benchmark for what Wentz is worth but the Wentz trade could certainly set the benchmark for what Goff is worth.