Eagles D-line Game 1

Suh has come back to the earth. Alim was a better player than Suh last year, though he played about half the number of snaps that Suh did.

You’re right I just looked up the PFF ratings. According to them Suh had a pretty pedestrian 2021

I’d still love to resign him though. If it was a reasonable contract

He’s a big guy but most youngsters don’t have “grown man strength” when they first come into the league. Suh was an exception. Even super powerful Derrick Brown needed some time in an NFL weight room before he started pushing pros around.

2 Likes

Davis is - assuming the data is correct- 6’6” to franks 6’5”

The weight difference is 20 pounds in favor of Davis….

That’s some but not a lot imho…

2 Likes

will ferrell frank the tank GIF

3 Likes

We really need a healthy Frank the Tank this year!!! I’ll do one!!

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s not a surprise, anymore.
Thanks.:joy:

3 Likes

I prefer the Johnny Unitas surprise introduction to the NFL for the youngster… :rofl:

especially when you consider that the 20lb difference is probably last night’s Wendy’s stop for Davis.

Eagles offense is feeling very good about themselves.

Hopefully we can give them a dose of reality.

I will be a good measuring stick game to help see what our 2022 season will look like.

1 Like

Sort of. I’m not disagreeing, more saying that’s not always a very fair indicator. For one, both teams are playing their first regular season game. That can be affected by how much playing time starters had in preseason. For another, both teams could be (like us) starting with some significant role players injured or on PUP.

As a few examples, last year they hung tough with the Colts and 9ers (week 2). They won three games.

Couple of years ago they tied a playoff bound AZ to open the season. they won three games.

Heck even in 1991, they opened the season getting molly-whopped by the Redskins. They won 12 games and went to the NFC Championship game (41-10 to the Redskins… God’s quirky sense of humor…)

Plus you have to consider the schedule. Eagles, Vikings in Minny and Patriots in Boston in the first five weeks. And no, I’m not sleeping on the Commanders and Seahawks, it’s the NFL and they are the Lions after all.

But if they come out of that stretch 2-3, I’m disappointed but not throwing the season away. If they come out of it 3-2, I’m relieved and looking towards those last six games after Thanksgiving. If they come out of it 4-1, I’m beyond happy. If they come out of it 5-0 … … well at that point we’re all drunk on kool-aid and screw it let’s go get a ring.

Point being, I think it’s fair to give them the first quarter before deciding what their season will look like.

And I want to again be clear here WC, not disagreeing. Just saying that after certain sports days (like week 1 of the NFL season), there is a reason it’s called “over-reaction Monday” on Around The Horn.

3 Likes

And important to keep in mind, several talented players will probably not be playing until after the bye week. Ja-Mo and Romeo for sure. Possibly Okudah and Jacobs as well.

This was especially disappointing for me on two of these. I came to the party late apparently as I had no idea Romeo and Jacobs might not be ready until just a couple of weeks ago.

We need ALL those guys. I am such a fan of Jacobs and in my opinion he is the most slept on player on this entire team. Nobody on Earth would put him higher than a #4 or #5 CB in this league; meanwhile he’s just quietly minding his own business, spending half the season shutting guys down left and right and making plays.

2 Likes

I don’t have a good feeling about Romeo. In this case no news is not nec. good news. The very very few words Dan said about him sounded scripted and not sincere. When Dan doesn’t sound sincere, which is very very rarely, you know somethings up. We may not see ROkwara until after Thanksgiving, and possibly not at all in 2022. If anyone has different perhaps insider info, let us know?

Yea, he’s clearly not where Okudah is in his rehab/recovery. Okudah is sprinting and running around, whereas Romeo was just standing on the sidelines during OTA’s doing nothing. Romeo tore his in week 4 last year and Okudah was in week 1. So, there is a 3 week difference there as well.

Everyone heals differently. Hope Romeo is able to come back strong eventually.

1 Like

Thx, I ended up starting a new thread on this, since I didn’t want to get sidetracked from the Eagles game.

1 Like

Peter King is sure all on board the Eagles train. I see them as a good young team, but 4th best in the NFC, not sure about that. They went 9-8 last year and got crushed in the playoffs. So 9-9 overall.

The NFC is very weak this year though. Who should be 4th? Cowboys? 49ers? Cardinals? Vikings?

49ers are a major unknown with Lance. Vikings are still an average team that will be inconsistent at best. Cardinals are a major question mark as well. Cowboys probably have the best argument, but I see that defense regressing and I still don’t have a ton of confidence in Prescott.

1 Like

Fair point, the NFC is weak, I still got the 49ers and Cowboys ahead of the Eagles. I mean the Cowboys won the division and dominated the Eagles in both games they played last year. And San Fran won 2 playoff games and almost beat Rams, they were pretty close to the Super Bowl.

Thank God the Lions aren’t in the AFC though.

2 Likes