Eagles D-line Game 1

Spending my summer in the NJ/PA area…so I was station-surfing and came across Philly talk radio. A few points they’re making:

1. Very, very optimisitc outlook. Sounds alot like us. Only the kool-aid is green.
  2. They thinjk the weak link on their team is Hurts. Sounds like what we were saying last year about Goff - he’s always dumping it short, and is a little gun-shy about going long. Though when he does they say he’s accurate.
  3. The defense is getting alot of attention. They felt they were too predictable last year. In camp, the defense is working on disguising schemes and coverages and they are getting the better of the offense.
  4. Slay still bringing it- definitely the leader of the defense.

Going to be a very tough game.

2 Likes

Yup. The Eagles are tough. I agree w/them about their potential weak link too. Feels like a. very solid roster.

2 Likes

I really want our first offensive play from scrimmage to be a play action deep pass to reynolds. Hit or miss just to show we haven’t changed from last year. If it’s a flea flicker I’ll need a nap after.

1 Like

I want swift to crush a 75 yard TD from scrimmage with the lions crushing the defensive back 10 yards in the process….

2 Likes

Our season won’t be over or anything if we don’t win, but I’ve gotten to the point where I almost expect us to win this game. Everything will be going for us: revenge for last year; nobody-believes-in-us (the Eagles will be heavy favorites); the guys champing at the bit to show what they’ve got; and major home field advantage for the first game. I wouldn’t be completely surprised if we routed them.

And I fully expect Philly to be great even if we route/beat them. One of the Super Bowl favorites IMO, depending almost solely on Hurts. It’ll be one of those wins that looks great later in the season.

3 Likes

Yes to all of this.
Nothing would surprise me in this one.

IF we win this game, and are already at that level, we will make playoffs this year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.