Early 2022 Lions mock draft round-up: Picking really high, taking QB

That shows me LaCanfora swallows the narrative flowing out of the Rams’ front office hook, line and sinker. Without thinking about it critically, as a journalist should.

The jury should most decidedly be out on McVay’s ability to adjust to other teams’ adjustments. The jury should also be out on Snead’s approach, which has the Rams without top picks and kind of hamstrung in what they can do to impact the roster.

Instead he takes their scapegoating rhetoric as gospel.

“Journalism.”

(This is a problem in news, business news, sports …)

If the Lions are satisfied with Goff in 2021, they may go back to Oregon for their next top 2022 pick. Have to think that the Lions would mine Sewell for information:

A freshman still making his way despite coming in as the highest-rated signee in school history, Thibodeaux was matched up against Penei Sewell routinely in practice.

Thibodeaux said Sewell, who won the Outland Trophy in 2019 as the nation’s top interior lineman before deciding to opt out this season, was a big part in his development.

“He gave me that confidence and every day I knew I had to go against … he’s the best guy in the country,” Thibodeaux said. “So once I did that every day, I could go against anybody. So now going into this year, I have all confidence going into every play.”

NFL Draft analyst Brandon Thorn also commented on Wednesday that he wants to see the practice tape of Oregon’s top draft prospect, Penei Sewell going against Thibodeaux in Oregon’s practice.

“I gotta get my hands on that Sewell/Thibodeaux practice tape,” tweeted Thorn.