Early 2022 Lions mock draft round-up: Picking really high, taking QB

What do you think of Matt Corrall? I’ve brought him up a few times. Think he’s being slept on as a ‘22 QB prospect. Whip of an arm with great accuracy and solid athleticism. A little small and was supposed to be an ass in HS. Ole Miss folks seem to speak highly of his personality and teamwork though. I’ve seen him make some :eyes: throws.

Its interesting that they think we would use a 1st round pick to get Jared Goff’s backup.

Bored Uh Huh GIF by Banana Republic

5 Likes

these posts make me laugh months before we see starting roster or Goff throw a pass you know that SB QB we picked up in a trade.

An some posters an media have us like you said Wesley Lions using a round one high pick for his backup.
I just can’t buy that idea after seeing how they drafted this past draft,

1 Like

Agreed - Goff is our dude, until otherwise told…and I don’t sense “otherwise told” coming any time soon.

Quoting myself within the same sentence of saying it! Is that arrogant? Just super-fast? Ahead of the curve? Way behind it? I dunno, it is what it is. Nonetheless, I agree w/you!

Yup- the way the draft went, emphasis on run and blocking (same thing), the way the contract is structured, everything they have said, etc. 100% of the evidence says Goff is the starter for at least 2 years, and most likely 8.

I feel we are fairly married to him for at least 2 years, and that is 100% by design. Hoping we land a nice FA WR, somehow.

Honestly I haven’t watched enough of him. I mean I’ve seen the highlights but I need to watch him in games, he’s definitely on my list to watch this fall. But yeah some impressive throws in the highlights.

Picking at 6 and 20ish, as I think the Rams have a lot of easy Wins on their schedule…they play in a tough division though

1 Like

If the Lions are drafting top 5 with a healthy Goff, they’d be foolish to not strongly consider a QB. I guess the Niners were dumb for drafting Jimmy G’s backup then. I guess the Chiefs were dumb for taking that backup Mahomes.

I hope Goff does well but if he has a 3rd straight poor season next year, they have to take a QB if the opportunity presents itself and it’s a QB worth taking.

Apparently you didn’t get the joke and offseason kool-aid rhetoric.

Getting Ready Lets Go GIF by Banana Republic

Lol at Lamar Jackson being a “franchise quarterback”.

Let’s give Allen and Herbert a couple of years… lots of young QBs flash for minute.

Ok, I didn’t pick up on the sarcasm.

Jackson is a franchise QB. You can say that about any young QB that has only played a few seasons, that they haven’t proven much yet but you must have really high standards if you don’t think that Jackson has played like a franchise QB in his first few seasons.

Herbert in particular. Sheesh. I also think the idea that Goff isn’t on Fitzmagic’s level is ridiculous.

1 Like

Does seem odd to have Herbert there already.

1 Like

The same guy tweeted this, so consider the source:

1 Like

Jason is a trip

Is he just super-down on Goff in general, or is this a “one guy has to be bad for the other guy to be good” thing?

Goff can be a step down from Stafford at this moment in time (I think he is) while also still being a good quarterback with room to grow (I think he is that, too). Not sure why so many people think those things are mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Totally agree. I think there’s little doubt that Goff is a step down. I do however think there is still a wide range of possible outcomes as to how big of a step down it is.

Jason La Contra- DICK - tion