Eli and the Giants

Still trying to figure out how the most dominant team in the NFC went 8-8 in the weakest division in the NFL??

And how they are getting to the Super Bowl without being in the playoffs :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

So crazy to me that some people treat others like they are morons if they disagree with an opinion, present their opinion as fact, and then end up pretty much as off base as you can possibly be.

3 Likes

Dallas point differential +113 8-8 record
Seattle point differential +7 11-5 record

Dallas had the 6th highest point differential in the league. Having future bets on Dallas this year was torture, and watching them was worse than watching the Lions. Dallas is the most talented 8-8 team in NFL history, with possibly the dumbest coach. These idiots could not get out of their own way. Every coach in Dallas should be fired with probably the exception of Kellen Moore.

Jerry Jones said this season was mind boggling and heā€™s right. It was like watching a Lions team on steroids.

1 Like

Ouch!
Live by the sword die by the sword.
or BS or whateverā€¦:astonished:

1 Like

Haha, the old point differential excuse. The Lions led in most games yet they finished 3rd worst in the league, at the end of the day they are 3-12-1. 8-8 and couldnā€™t beat out a team that was missing half their starters. At the end of the day, the Cowboys were a giant bag of overhype AGAIN for two decades now.

You were wrong Iggy, just man up and admit it instead of making excuses. We all have our misses.

3 Likes

why are you not more impressed that the Lions games were decided by less than a one score difference WITHOUT the starting QB? Does that logic only apply when it suits your complainingā€¦I meanā€¦argumentā€¦I mean factsā€¦errrā€¦opinion!

1 Like

iggy14:

These NFC battles with ā€œtopā€ teams, just shows how much better Dallas is compared to the rest of the NFC.

:rofl::joy:

1 Like

Games in the NFL are decided by less than one score. Thatā€™s the way the league is designed. Half of Hue Jacksonā€™s games went to OT the year he was fired after week 8, should the browns have kept Hue Jackson because 4/8 games went to OT?

Not trying to be a dick, but you might not understand how the league works. Losing by 1 score isnā€™t impressiveā€¦ thatā€™s the way the league is designed.

Wasnā€™t most of Dallasā€™s win against teams that will be drafting in the top 5 next year?

2 Likes

Good on you for admitting you were wrong, I didnā€™t expect that.

I donā€™t disagree with your take on point differential but I doubt that makes Jerry Jones sleep better at night.
Also, lets be honest about the Dallas talent. Weā€™ve been hearing this for 20 years about how the Dallas are underachieving relative to their talent level and yet they always find ways to be mediocre or exit early in the playoffs. Maybe they just arenā€™t as talented as the media portrays them to be.

As for the Eagles, I have a lot of respect for that team. They could easily folded the tent with that mass of injuries yet they fought through it and persevered. It helped that their finishing schedule was easy but impressive nonetheless.

When people say this, and then follow it up with ā€œI know more than you,ā€ what is really going on. Youā€™re presupposing people with think you are being a dick, then following it with a dick-like statement. This is the equivalent of Ricky Bobby saying ā€œwith all due respect.ā€ It is hilarious.

Again, in the spirit of staying on point - Point differential matters to you with Dallas. Why does the same stat not apply to Lions games?

2 Likes

The Lions were one of three teams to lead in every game after 12 games. The other two were San Francisco and Kansas City so itā€™s not something thatā€™s common.

If what you gather from Dallasā€™s season is that they should have been much better than 8-8 because of point differential, one can also say that the Lions should have been much better because they led every game and lost a whole bunch of games that came down to the wire.

Detroit had a -82 point differential. You want to apply that be my guest.

The Lions shouldā€™ve had more than 3 wins. Youā€™ll get no argument from me there! The roster is not a 3 win roster. Hopefully those leads can start translating to wins, but I think Patricia is a terrible coach but we will see.

1 Like

Agreed there. Patricia got the least out of this roster as one possibly could.

Iā€™ve always maintained that Patricia is a bigger issue than Quinn. Of course they come as a package deal so they should both get the boot if Quinn insists on being dedicated to his boy.

1 Like

I didnā€™t care enough to look it up. Thank you for posting. I would have guessed it to be much closer than that.

Lol. The point differential came from playin in a shit division and racking up points on garbage like NYG, Miami and Wash.

In the 5 games you played vs NYG, Miami and Washington (3 of the worst teams in the NFL), your point differential was +103!! Lol. The rest of the year you were average at best, while playing and beating nearly nobody.

So your point differential stat is about as fake as can be. A lot of NFL teams wouldnā€™t go all in to blow out garbage teams like that. They would simply take care of business and move on to the next week. Your boys emptied the playbook against Wash and Miami to score as much as possible, like you were fighting to get into the 2009 BCS Championship game.

1 Like

I didnā€™t care enough to look it up. Thank you for posting. I would have guessed it to be much closer than that.
[/quote]

The point differential really expanded in the 3 weeks prior to the Green Bay game with the team in full tank mode. -44 in those 3 games alone.

I actually agree with you. That may be the case with Cleveland as well. The problem is you canā€™t always just put together the most talented guys you can find and have the result be a team that is as good as itā€™s parts. Weā€™re not talking about Madden here :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, man. Makes more sense to me now. That is some crazy shit.