Emmanuel Forbes & Big Play Dre

Maybe he was more concerned with the athletic events and being in shape than he was the weigh in. Get him started on a little HGH and he’ll put on weight.

His concern has been his weight… everyone knew it. So the fact that he showed up looking like tutu atwell isn’t great. To me… being 166 takes him off my board.

I could make him a set of eyeglasses made of lead that would weigh about 2 lbs.

Density of plastic frame = 1.0 g/cm^3
Density of lead = 11.3 g/cm^3

I saw a mock I think it was on CBS that had us taking Banks at 18 before the combine, I don’t think there’s any way he makes it out of the first now. However there will absolutely be other options.

While Gonzo and Spoon in the first is amongst my favorite scenarios, I wouldn’t panic if we waited on CB till day 2. I really like 18-20 CBs in the draft, though some are slot only.

To put into perspective… Jeff okudahs 40 time was faster than 72% of corners coming out. Forbes is heavier than .03 % of corners who have ever tried to play in the NFL.

Get him in the weight room and add maybe 5 to 10 lbs on his frame if he can keep his athleticism and he is fine. He actually has a more solid looking frame than dvonta and he has been healthy so far in his career. If he is a willing run defender and makes big plays i could not care less what he weighs.

Samari Rolle wasn’t much heavier at nearly the same height.

1 Like

Bly and Forbes zero in run support.

Amazon Primetime GIF by NFL On Prime Video

1 Like

We need playmakers in the secondary not Linebackers.

I forgot about Samari Rolle good call…

But 10 lbs is a big difference at that size. That’s probably like 30lbs for a DT difference.

It really is NOT a big difference… if a coaching staff works to change it.

My step-son was a hockey player… naturally thin.
He was 6’1” and 160-ish pounds. Never gained weight in school.
He took the initiative to gain clean weight… and I helped a bit… during his junior hockey years… but was able to get up to 180 pounds of completely ripped weight without extreme workouts or diet. He lifted…. and we made sure he ate often throughout the day… with pretty clean calories even.

There is ZERO reason why an NFL team can’t put 10-20 pounds on a skinny kid within 6 months of training. None!!!

1 Like

I think he is a slot CB he is so skinny an played an tackled like past season will have to nik him Gumby

2 Likes

How much weight do you think he added to get up to the 166 for the weigh in? My guess is he was playing at about 160. He knew for quite some time the weigh in was coming.

1 Like

Brilliant post. I hope everyone appreciates it. This kid couldn’t fake 180, or didn’t bother to. Either way its a red flag.

He had about 2 months.

He wasn’t employed by a NFL team.

His agent should be fired…. but that doesn’t change my point…
any NFL team should be able to add weight to him.

They can definitely add weight to him. But nobody knows how its going to impact his play. Some guys add weight like its no big deal and other guys can’t do what they used to do at a higher weight. Its ust one more question mark. And later in the draft question marks are abundant. But earlir in the draft it tends to be wiser to take guys with less question marks.

1 Like

Given our additions at CB I think he might be a good target if he slides. Redshirt him. Let him know he isn’t playing till he’s 180+ and pack on those pounds.

He may be in his 5th yr looking for a new contract by then.

It’s possible that his frame simply can’t add weight but I think that’s unlikely. Make that his primary focus for a period of time and I think you’d see progress.