Erin: Fools Gold

I can’t help but think of Wilson, I’m sure many GM’s feel similar, but all it takes is one fool!

4 Likes

I just want GB to lose out entirely with no ROI from losing A-a-Ron
No trading - just lose out to retirement

8 Likes

There has been quite a bit of smoke lately,

Rap Schef, and peter king have all mentioned the possibility of Rodgers getting traded, and this is the best offseason to do it, cause next year, hes owed 60 mill, and then last year i believe is 80 mill in terms of cap hits

its a 40 mill cap hit this offseason, so yea, they are listening to trade requests atm.

2 Likes

It’s funny. I’ve wanted him gone for so many years because of how he always dominated our team. Now I want him to stay. This version of Rodgers is very very beatable. Keep him in geeen bay tying up 1/3 of their salary cap. I want him to watch the lions beat the packers from the field instead of his living room for the next few seasons.

8 Likes

Why would he want to keep a jersey where his team lost on SNF in Lambeau… listen carefully. Special ones!? What’s special about getting your butt kicked to end the season by the Lions…

IMO, he’s done in GB and he knows it. Jordan Love is entering year 4, the Pack have to at least give him a shot to start next year before completely writing him off.

7 Likes

it really, really looks like it. Also → how he was behaving after the game looked like Matt’s last game in Detroit

3 Likes

What I don’t like is that if they get rid of Rodgers, they are immediately going to have a light bulb moment and go get some weapons for Love. If Rodgers stays they will keep this dogshit supporting cast and pretend its on Erin.

1 Like

It’s bittersweet, because on one hand it sounds great that the Lions may have ended his Packers career on his own field! But, then I’d prefer to keep kicking their asses and them not getting much draft capital. The good news is Rodgers had a down season and being 39 years old, I don’t think they are going to get nearly the haul in a trade they might expect to get for him.

That Russ trade last year has to be a warning sign to teams. But, shit it only takes one sometimes, so who really knows.

What do you guys think are potential landing spots for Rodgers!?

3 Likes

All the same spots that we talk about Brady going. The Jets, The Raiders, the Dolphins pending Tua, the Panthers, the Titans maybe. Teams that could compete now if QB were substantially improve or believe that.

2 Likes

The Jets would be interesting. They got a real good defense. And history other repeats himself, that’s where Favre went after 15 years in GB.

The Raiders to rejoin Davante Adams wouldn’t be shocking either. And McDaniels clearly needs to win next year to save his job.

3 Likes

Jets and Raiders are two most likely unless Irsay forces Ballard to go for Rodgers lmao

Jets Are the most complete of any team rn, Defense is top 5, offense has great weapons and when healthy, a solid O-line

They need an OC and Nathanial Hackett has interviewed with the Jets

its looking kinda likely atm, Cause with the Bills starting to slow down, Patriots with their 3rd OC in three years, and the Dolphins being legit when Healthy, Best Window for the Jets atm, and desperaton for both a FO and Coaching staff on thin ice atm.

2 Likes

I think he would be having wet dreams about the Dolphins. Different moving parts but they have weapons like he hasn’t had in a while.

1 Like

Is it doable? Can someone trade for that monster contract?
Will GB get much for him, given the contract?

Waddle and Hill at WR would give most QB’s wet dreams. lol

I don’t know how the contract is written but if they’re able to trade Rodgers they’ll also get a huge bit of cap relief.

1 Like

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

1 Like

They would have future cap relief, but not much in the way of immediate cap relief. This guy at overthecap explained it, since Rodgers contract has a unique structure to it Looking Ahead to the Packers Options with Aaron Rodgers | Over the Cap .

So it basically sounds like the best option for the Packers if they were to get rid of Rodgers is to trade him after June 1st, so they could take a $15M hit this year and $24M hit next year (round numbers). If they trade him prior to June 1st they take both of those hits immediately. They could also make the trade immediately but then not fully execute the trade until June 1st…like we did with Stafford/Goff (we used a different execution date). Cutting him looks like its not an option because it would make the amount due twice that amount.

3 Likes

I think GB gets hit with the/a cap hit regardless i believe, so teams who trade for him this season get him at a cheaper deal for a year atleast?

again contract is ■■■■■■■ weird

2 Likes

He has priced himself out of a trade, and being on a competitive team.
Green Bay was beyond stupid giving him that contract. Both the management and Rodgers deserve to lose.

1 Like

Actually, hes pretty friendly for whoever trades him

Its the Packers who get ■■■■■■ hard, cause of the way the contract is setup

regardless of what happends with Erin, they take a cap hit regardless

Its why trading him is honestly, best case scenario for the org tbh, you can get something for him, eat the cap hit, rebuild/retool for two years, see what you have in Love, and go from there

2 Likes