Even IF Erin plays in GB this season, probably will....where will his mind and focus be?

He’s an absolute pro. He’ll light it up…if healthy.

If he’s hurt beyond anything but usual aches and pains he’ll sit it out, as well he should

Kobe was the last of the old school tough dudes, IMO. Hated the Lakers, but a lot to like about Kobe. Still, if you’re playing against the Pistons…Screw you, Bub! LOL.

Good to see good humans navigating those scenarios though. Kobe really had a killer instinct. Lebron in GOAT conversation is a joke, to me. Basically people trying to hype the league and boost ratings, as well as people who are too young to have seen the difference, are the ones who talk like that. MJ played in an era when teams were allowed to play defense.

2 Likes

It’s very telling that Love was drafted to be the heir to Rodgers throne, but they refuse to put him in a year earlier than planned (despite 99% of 1st round QB’s are starting at some point during their rookie season). AND if they traded Rodgers, they could recoup 3 1st rounders at a minimum to help Love succeed. I think the Packers know they made a mistake drafting Love and are trying to cut their losses.

1 Like

Ooooohhhhh! I like this take! hope this pans out to be true, and Love juuuuust sucks.

Somebody get the J. Giles link up for us again!!!

LOVE STINKS!

1 Like

I really don’t care. The better he plays the better it will be for us. Keep Green Bay drafting at the bottom of the first round. Then in a couple years when this lions roster is ready to compete he’ll be gone and the Packers will hopefully have few impact players.

1 Like

I sure as hell hope so. After 30 damn years of hall of fame quarterback play they’re waaaaaay overdue for a string of shitty quarterbacks!

3 Likes

1 Like

Maybe Michael was just edgy bc he had money on the game.

2 Likes

I loved it, when the Pistons used to throttle them.
Lost some dudes to expansion draft.
Refs took a championship away from them.
That team was better than they get credit for.

1 Like

I think Kobe is closest to MJ and basketball being a sport where single player domination means a lot in this discussion. Others just don’t qualify bc their impact is relatively stunted by rest of the team. Big difference by Kobe & MJ is Kobe was more naturally gifted and accomplished less. Yeah he had the killer instinct and drive but much more natural talent as well. Who else was practicing with an NBA team at 17 and lighting it up? MJ started out with less talent and turned it into more due to his personality. It shows with his trajectory in the NBA and going from taking lumps to claiming championships before tipoff. No one else can measure up to that scale.

I like & respect Rodgers a lot because he’s an authentic dude. Can make fun of himself. That’s his personality. And in a certain way as alpha or masculine as you can get because he’s not fronting some bs. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see similar with Sewell.

2 Likes

Man hard for me to say anyone had more talent than MJ but I get what your saying. Mj changed the NBA. Hell he is the NBA. But yea watch the series that I think ESPN did on the bulls. A lot of people hate MJ. Pretty sure Horace Grant would fight him today if he could.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what is going on with GB and Rodgers, the Lions still aren’t winning the division this year.

BOY did this thread get twisted…lol.

I swear to Heaven above I thought this said Herpes when I was looking at football cards

2 Likes

You should probably get that checked … lol

LOL
Gotta earn those trophies, man! They dont’ just hand that shit out. :wink:

1 Like

Who said we refuse to play Love in 2021? Just because we haven’t traded Rodgers? We have no reason to trade Rodgers yet, we can have him for another season and trade him for more after the season due to more teams bidding.

We could give Rodgers an actual long term extension that would guarantee he is here through the rest of his career if we wanted, but we aren’t.

Look at that a Packer fan got his feelings hurt and lives in lala land. If Love was any good, they would have traded Rodgers for the haul that they could have gotten. The front office and coaching staff realize that drafting Love was a mistake. We’re Lions fans, we know what a mistake looks like, we’ve seen a ton of them over the years.

You can trade a 39 year old QB for more than a 38 year old QB that’s coming off an MVP season? LOL

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Um, why would we do that when we could trade Rodgers after the season for more? Rodgers (37 right now, btw) will command more after the season because there will be 10+ teams bidding on him, as opposed to the 3-5 that would be now. Higher demand equals higher price.

If we thought Love was a mistake, why wouldn’t we just give Rodgers the long term extension he wants to finish his career in GB? His whole issue as that we are planning to move on from him, and the only solutions we have offered have been pushing out money to delay his replacement by a season or two.

The Packers entire FO seems pretty unconcerned with the prospect of moving on from Rodgers. Your wishful thinking is not comporting with reality, I’m not trying to be snide or antagonistic at all, but it’s what it is.

December birthday, when the season starts he’ll be closer to 38 than 37.

It’s hard to imagine that Rodgers plays as well as he did last year, but Rodgers, IMO, is easily a top five QB all-time and if I had to pick one QB to lead my team for one year only, it would be Rodgers (yes over Mahomes/Brady). But with Brees/Rivers/Rothlesburger declining so badly last year, it’s hard for teams to invest in a QB that old, the saving grace is how well Brady has played. You won’t get as much next year as you could have gotten this year . . . Green Bay didn’t trade Rodgers because they have a shot at the Super Bowl this year with him . . . without him, they have no shot.

Has anyone reported the offer? All I’ve heard is speculation. If you have details, please post.

GM/Coach/President all traveled to California to meet with him. They’ve offered him a new deal (no idea what it was), when clearly it would benefit the organization to keep his contract as is. The FO is clearly concerned about Rodgers.

If Rodgers plays this year, enjoy it . . . the Love ERA will begin next. You’re living in cheese colored glasses, that distorts reality. Not trying to be antagonistic, but it is what it is.

1 Like