Expectations for 2023?

Now that free agency is pretty much wrapped up and everyone is hyped up by the business Holmes has done, what are the minimum expectations for this team in 2023?

Or to put it another way, how many wins do the Lions need for you to keep faith in the Holmes / Campbell regime?

• 7 wins
  • 8 wins
  • 9 wins
  • 10 wins
  • 11 wins
  • 12 wins

0 voters

1 Like

Well what I expect and what I need from them to keep the faith are two different numbers. I mean I’d keep the faith with 3-4 wins if we lost Goff and a bunch of other starters.

I expect 12+ wins. But if we win 9 or more I’d be OK with it, depending on the circumstances. A little disappointed, but more or less OK.

5 Likes

I’m with you. If we stay relatively healthy and Goff doesn’t miss more than 1-2 games, I think we win 12+. Sounds crazy to say out loud, but I feel pretty confident in saying that.

1 Like

Barring an injury to Goff, they just can’t go backwards. I guess that puts me at 10 wins. I’m expecting an NFC North Banner.

2 Likes

We should be pretty excellent, I really expect us to push for the #1 overall seed in the NFC. We might fall a touch short but we’ll be around there.

How we perform once we make the tourney is up in the air to me though. I wouldn’t be shocked if we made it that far only to get upset early. A lot of inexperience, and we’ll need Goff to carry us at some point against the more elite teams. Whether he can or not is a much discussed question on this board.

I would agree with all of this. The 49ers and Eagles may be better teams, but we play in a weaker division with what looks like a weaker schedule than both. I think we will legitimately push for that #1 seed and if that happens who knows from there as all roads go through Detroit.

1 Like

I was expecting to win the Super Bowl until Chark signed with the evil sub species.
Now, as long as we destroy them, I don’t care about anything else.

Gotta see the draft picks yet… but I’ll go 10-6-1. Winning the North.

Then this is when we realize being good isn’t enough… Goff won’t carry us against elite teams.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry Chark is going to miss at least half the season. haha

1 Like

Yeah, quite possibly. That’s the way I lean as well, but I suppose we’ll find out more this year.

3 Likes

11-6

6-2 at home
5-4 on road

3 Likes

Division title& 3rd seed. 12 wins should be enough.

2 Likes

20-0 until proven otherwise baby!

I want to get Thru preseason with no injuries and simply win our opener!

3 Likes

That’s the key, start fast. We have finished pretty strong 2 years in a row. But just awful September and Octobers. We started 0-10 and 1-6 the past 2 years with an above .500 record in Nov/Dec.

4 Likes

Division champions and making the divisional playoffs

2 Likes

I don’t like that phrasing. There are a lot of factors that go into W/L’s. On paper we should win more games. We should win 10 plus. But we also generated a great many turnovers and stayed really healthy last year. What if we don’t generate as many TO’s don’t stay as healthy? We could be a better team, better coached team and have a 9-10 win season. It is likely? No, is it possible? yes. Just think there could be more to the story then a straight W/L record. Think Dan and Brad have shown enough to be trusted…regardless of the record JMO.

3 Likes

Teams will be gunning for us, I expect a hard fought 11-6 season.

1 Like

I just want to win 1 playoff game. JUST 1 PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!! No pressure

I chose 11 but I’m good with 10. Expecting to get in the playoffs. We are a better team heading in the right direction. But that doesn’t necessarily mean a bunch more Ws. Anything short of a playoff birth and I will be disappointed. That also seals no extension for Goff imo :man_shrugging:t2: