Fans seem to think we need a Big WR I think they want a slot

I know we have Saint but what if he moves to edge with Jamo an Peoples on certain sets . Using him more down field with Jamo an fast slot. Its not that he is small he is 6’ 202 pounds. We have Peoples who is 6’2" 204 an Green 6’2" 200 . I think they would like to use him more on edge Raymond fills in also in slot but IMO they would like to add another. We also have TreQuan Smith 6’1" 210 We have some size at WR on roster now an maybe could add more to try out. Just something to think about . I noticed the two UDFA WR were both small WR but quick typical slot WR. I think its something we should watch as team works out .

We need a TD weapon because our passing game struggles to score in the red zone. Really as a play caller I think Ben Johnson struggles to draw up those easy TD plays and Goff doesn’t like to throw jump balls.

3 Likes

Look up our new UDFA TE, Isaac Rex. He is a TD machine and a top tier run blocker.

3 Likes

Detroit’s redzone offense is to run the ball. OL and RB pin baxk ears and try ti impose their will in 3.5 yard chunks.

People done realize, Ra played more snaps lined up outside than from the slot last year

4 Likes

I still think we could use a traditional X receiver, but it’s not like you can’t win a bunch of ways. Especially with a creative OC

3 Likes

Yes, and when that doesn’t work…

Gibby will play some slot this year too

1 Like

Shark Alo7 English GIF by ALO7 • Love to Learn

3 Likes

#76 has reported as eligible

Unknown

6 Likes

He’s a little short though I think you better send in Skip

TD machine?

As a fifth year senior in 2023 he played 12 games and had 34 catches for 422 yards for an average of 12.4 yards per catch, 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 89.8 . In pass protection he gave up one pressure and no sacks.

There will be some X profiles coming free.

Jax is one situation that intrigues me for sure. Tim Jones is a good blocker and valuable special teams player so he makes sense. Or Elijah Cooks. Doesn’t have the ST chops more the X profile if you designed it in a lab.

It could just be that at a certain point, the FO was like “we’re fine trying DPJ and Green at that spot.” The board didn’t really fall our way re: receivers.

1 Like

Oh I think we had to at believe this was a possibility when DPJ signed that kind of deal.

Clearly we pitched, “You’re 25. Take this prove it deal. There will be opportunity but you have to earn it. Ball out and you may be looking at generational money as a 26 year old FA.”

I think DPJ can be Josh. I was just looking for a game breaker there.

I probably agree about Green. Even if he can just be our Jalen Guyton then we’re probably okay. Jamo stepping up is where that position group swings. He takes off and we’re golden.

1 Like

It’s definitely our weakest overall position as it stands right now imo, though as you say if Jamo steps up, DPJ > Josh, it can be better than last year.

But injuries could make it much worse. Very thin group imo.

1 Like

I think a vet is likely incoming.

Weird year FA wise, there is almost a full second wave post draft. Way more competent guys out there than I can recall.

3 Likes

Fans want what we don’t have and could use and that’s a receiver that can go up and get fades and play on the outside.

Career TD leader for TE at his University, 24 career TDs as a low usage red zone guy, sure hands, etc.

Touchdown Machine may have already been trademarked by another former BYU to Detroit player, Jamaal Williams, but this guy can be a real asset.

I feel like I fall back on this one all the time but we should make a run at Dyami Brown. Shouldn’t cost much with only one more year left. Out of favor in WAS. Not the biggest guy but was a downfield menace in college.